Dungarvan Restaurants

Ice Creams

Most Recent Restaurants in Dungarvan

• Sea Dragon: Avoid at all costs

by southeastwat Written May 7, 2012

In 20 years of dining, this is the worst place I’ve ever been. The only positive thing I can say is, the food quality is ok (but loaded with salt). Here is our experience:
    1-Brought to table by waitress that was inconvenienced by our arrival and couldn’t even be bothered to make eye contact or make any plattitudes apart from telling us to “sit here”.
    2-We received no prawn crackers while waiting for food – everybody else got this
    3-We waited 30 minutes to get the starter. I couldn’t eat my soup as the gloop was disgusting.
    4-We had to wait a further hour to get the main course
    5-prices listed on the web are old, they have added on about 20%
    6-Among other things, boiled rice costs €2 extra
    7-asked a waiter for more water (to alleviate the side effects of extremely salty food) – he ignored us and was more interested in running to a car outside and walking around inside hovering around larger groups
    8-The final insult was when we asked the same waiter for the bill, he ignored us again. We had to walk to the till.
    9-We weren’t asked if we enjoyed our food or if we were OK
    10-I got a look of displeasure from the girl on the till when I asked for the receipt and didn’t leave a tip.
    The place was busy and they need more staff. They went setting other tables that were not being used, rather than serve us. We were not alone in what we experienced as others were unhappy with the service.
    Summary: service is unbelievably bad, food is overpriced and over-salted. Stay away if you don’t want to be put in a bad mood.

Favorite Dish: no comment

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

The Tannery: One of Ireland's Best

by SabrinaSummerville Updated Jul 12, 2008
    Chicken Liver Parfait

The Tannery has long been renowned as one of Ireland's best restaurants. I have been going there for many years now and this wonderful eatery has withstood the test of time.

Located in a stone fronted building, the establishment is on two levels. The main and more spacious one is the first floor area which is wide and open and bright with a high ceiling reaching into the roof. It's almost barn style in spaciousness but way more comfortable. Decor and table settings are simple and modern, like the food:-) Service is quick and pleasant and helpful - even though they needed our table for waiting diners they never asked us to vacate it and it was my dining companion who realised others were waiting.

Favorite Dish: I started with the chicken liver parfait. This was smooth to a consistency that was barely short of being fluid, but was not runny and so was perfect. It was served in a glass jar - one of those with an airtight lid - and in the space between the top of the parfait and the top of the jar it was filled with a small green tossed salad with an amazing dressing that I still cannot figure out. Ah, isn't that the secret of a great restaurant - you simply cannot figure out what that secret ingredient of perfection is!

I followed this with a most unusual pork dish. Now I usually avoid pork when I'm out as it can be very dry, but my broiled pork was so full of juice that I saw it wobble on the plate as it was set down in front of me. One touch of the fork and I knew I was right - the taste, then, was so delectable that I ate every morsel - even though the portion was huge and I was stuffed. The pork had a little hollow in the middle that was filled with spiced red onion marmalade and the entire was set on a bed offennel. A most unusual combination which worked amazingly. There was a side dish of whipped cream potatoes, whorled into a bowl and browned to a toasty finish under the grill.

I ordered ice cream for dessert. A long ice cream platter, with recessions for four portions, arrived. This contained caramel semi fredo, green apple granite, elderflower ice cream, and a portion of freshly diced peach. Served with freshly ground strong java coffee it was a perfect meal.

I have no complaints whatsoever and cannot wait to go back.

• Luxury Travel

• stevefrancyclancy's Profile Photo

Quealys: Imaginative, good value pub food

by stevefrancyclancy Updated Mar 11, 2008

With the national food & drink award nominated restaurant Q82 temporarily closed, take advantage of the quality chefs energies being redirected to their pub food. Daily specials, great fish dishes, really rich homemade desserts to tempt a saint. Food is often simple dishes done with a unique imaginative twist. their home made bread is well known locally as are their local homemade seasonal preserves. Seats about 40+ so Sunday afternoons or saturday evenings reservations may be a good idea. Since it is Pub food wont dent your pocket as much as some other places in town.
    Remember to bring some loose fitting pants, because you will not leave this place hungary.

Favorite Dish: deserts are the best, rasberry cheesecake & choclate muffin are my favourites

Sip 'N' Surf: Internet Cafe

by pure1942 Updated Jan 28, 2008

Sip 'N' Surf is an internet cafe serving light snacks and coffee. You can communicate with home and check your email while staying in Dungarvan. The cafe has a high speed broadband connection and a printing service.

the Tannery: Fine Food Dungarvan

by pure1942 Written Jan 27, 2008

The Tannery

The Tannery Restaurant in Dungarvan has quickly established itself as one of Waterford's finest restaurants. While the menu doesn't suit everyone's tastes it does offer some fine Irish cuisine with a unique twist. The chef Paul Flynn has built up a formidable reputation as one of Ireland's top chefs.
    The reastaurant has been awarded numerous awards including Georgina Campbell's restaurant of the year 2004 and chef of the year 2008.

Indian Ocean: A Taste of India

by pure1942 Written Jan 27, 2008

The Indian Ocean Restaurant is a fine restaurant located on Davitt's Quay in Dungarvan. The restautant has tasty Indian cuisine at reasonable prices. You can sit down and enjoy the view across the marina while you eat or you can get a take away from the restaurant.

Favorite Dish: My favourite dish has to be the old reliable Chicken Tikka Masala but their Balti is quite good too. Try the Keema Naan Bread to accompany the dish.

• deisecailin's Profile Photo

The Tannery: mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

by deisecailin Written Apr 20, 2007

There's not really a category for this retaurant - i can only describe the food as mouthwatering - the service is exceptional - atmosphere is relaxing & intimate - very airy. Wonderful high ceiling. Chef uses in some cases cuts you would not normally think of buying - what he does to the is pure magic - you will not be dissappointed. I don't work there in case you think I do - but god do I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) ....contemporary Irish (excuse my crappy spelling)

Favorite Dish: Corned beef mmmmmmmmmm ..... all desserts ...... coffeeeeeee ...... if you're financially embarassed check out the early bird

Instant Answers: Dungarvan

Comments

Dungarvan Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Dungarvan restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Dungarvan sightseeing.