T & H Doolin's Pub, Waterford

Know about this? Rate It!

Stained Glass in T & H's
    by SabrinaSummerville
  • SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

T & H Doolan's Pub: Authentic Irish Pub

by SabrinaSummerville Written May 7, 2006

Stained Glass in T & H's

Have you ever walked past a place every time you're in the City and didn't even think of going inside? Ever wonder what you were missing?

Today I was in town shopping for my Vegas trip, and decided I badly needed a coffee. Shopping is thirsty work!

I was heading for a "usual" spot, but discovered it was closed and so ended up in T & H's, where I hadn't been for many years. It's a haven for tourists, and I can see why. The pub is truly Irish, with stone walls and beamed ceilings, open coal fires burning and Irish memorabilia hanging on the walls.

I intended only to have a coffee, but the smell of the home coooked bar food smelled great so I ended up having my dinner. I opted for the Beer Battered cod and my companion had the roast pork. Both were served quickly and with a smile, and were very tasty indeed. Prices were more than reasonable.

I took tons of great pics - the Bodhran on the wall, the old Irish dresser with delph, the roaring fire. I'l display some, but you just have to see this place.

It's great for locals and tourists alike and is said to be the oldest pub in Waterford, being several hundred years old.

At night they have live music here, often Irish music, and the craic is mighty. Locally it's known as T&H's, so that's all you need ask for. There are lots of tables outside for sunny days and for smokers.

Dress Code: Dress is casual - just be comfortable and you will feel at home.

• Beer Tasting