• Favorites
  • Glendalough
    by Antji

• Glendalough

Wicklow Favorites

GLENDALOUGH' this a very beautiful aim to travel! Here you can hike through the forests and mountains and you can see a beautiful waterfall! And before you do that you can make an organized trip through the place Glendalough where you see old ruins and a lot of celtic crosses - it´s a very historic place!

• Sunrise in Glendalough

When I stayed in Glendalough for a weekend I got up early in the morning and watched the sun rise over the lakes and the graveyard. It was so quiet without the tourist masses, the air was fresh and cool, the grass was wet with dew and I just sat there on a stone watching the sun creep over the mountains and slowly illuminate the ancient celtic...

• So you're stuck in Arklow?

There isnt much in Arklow in terms of 'Tourist things to do' but sailing & fishing are the main attractions. I wouldnt go out of my way to see Arklow, but it's a nice place to spend an afternoon or stop for half an hour on your way down to Wexford. I love crossing the bridge at Arklow, as you have such a beautiful view of the bay. It's also...

• Brittas Bay

Brittas Bay beach is very popular :) Always great fun, though it's no Baywatch ;) There was the time my mother and I were walking around Ashford one day and decided to have a look at the local agricultural market. All well and good until we decided to pop into the cattle auction to sit down and rest. We were just sitting there talking away, whilst...

• Ask a Question

Got a question about County Wicklow? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Have you been to County Wicklow? Write about County Wicklow to help travelers.

County Wicklow Hotels

2 Hotels
Arklow Hotels
3 Reviews - 5 Photos

Instant Answers: County Wicklow

Comments

County Wicklow Favorites

Reviews and photos of County Wicklow favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for County Wicklow sightseeing.
Map of County Wicklow