Galway, Ireland

Know about this? Rate It!

New Friends, An Pucan Pub, Galway
    by chrissie611
    band playing the second night
    by molough
  • me/Micaela/Rachel-first Baby Guinness @ Tigh Coili
    me/Micaela/Rachel-first Baby Guinness @...
    by molough
  • AKtravelers's Profile Photo

The Quay: Find Local Music

by AKtravelers Written Dec 9, 2003

In Galway, don't miss a chance to enjoy a pint or two and take in the local music scene. The place we went on both nights we were there was the Quay. This place has a small front room tapping Guinness and Murphy's that ends in a dorrway by the corner. Walk through there and the place opens up! Now you're in a cathedral like auditorium, with a band playing on a small stage above a long bar. You'll find people from all over the world drinking pints and moving to the sounds of traditional Irish music or local rock. Have fun!

Dress Code: No special dress

Traditional Irish Band
    • Music

Roisin Dubh: Roisin Dubh

by molough Written Nov 14, 2007

We were here late at night. I was expecting a typical pub but I would definitely classify Roisin Dubh as a club. There was dancing everywhere and a ton of alcohol consumption. Not sure if there is dancing in the earlier hours. But either way, we had a blast. Some bartenders from Tigh Coili took us here and showed us a really great time. If you want to dance and it's late at night (like 3 AM), go to Roisin Dubh.

Dress Code: Whatever you want

ha ha, just goofing around at Roisin Dubh
    • Study Abroad

King's Head Pub: King's Head Pub

by molough Written Nov 14, 2007

We had a splendid time at King's Head Pub! We went here two nights. The first night it was a bit early so it wasn't all that busy. We had a pleasant pint and headed out. But the second night we went there, it was completely packed. There was a really great band playing. I wish I could remember the name. But the atmosphere was great. Lots of merriment and music. I think they have live music most nights so if you like live music and a great crowd, head to King's Head.

Dress Code: whatever you want

band playing the second night
    • Study Abroad

Galway: Tigh Coili

by molough Updated Nov 14, 2007

Tigh Coili is my favorite pub in Galway! The people and atmosphere at Tigh Coili are delightfully refreshing. We made fast freinds with the bartenders who showed us around Galway the following night. (Say hi from Chicago Morgan to Dave the bartender if you go here!) Everyone is very friendly and inviting. There was traditional Irish music playing the first night we went there. A group of about 12 musicians. It was the best place I'd been yet to hear Irish music. It's right in the heart of Galway, too. Right along the pedestrian streets. You can't miss it.

Dress Code: Whatever you want. Casual or cute. It all works.

About 12 musicians playing Irish music @ Tigh Coli my friends outside of Tigh Coli me/Micaela/Rachel-first Baby Guinness @ Tigh Coili
    • Music

• chrissie611's Profile Photo

An Pucan: Galway Pub

by chrissie611 Written Apr 5, 2009

Very friendly bartenders, live traditional Irish music and fun people! We loved this place --- stayed to closing. Good variety of ages, nationalities, etc. Met people from the U.S., Ireland, Italy and France the night we were there. Good music, traditional and nontraditional Irish. Loved it!

Dress Code: Casual.

New Friends, An Pucan Pub, Galway

• ConorB's Profile Photo

Galway: Galway or Limerick???

by ConorB Updated Nov 21, 2010

Galway v Limerick??? Galway without a doubt... it has everything going for it. I went to College there for three years & it's probably the best location in Ireland for a hectic social life. To be honest, you cannot go wrong in the City of the Tribes!

Enjoy,

C

Dress Code: Casual

• terps94's Profile Photo

Galway : The King's Head Pub: pub crawl continuation

by terps94 Updated Feb 18, 2005

If you ever in Galway and want to hear some live music head out to this pub. They have 3 floors and nightly live music is located at the back.

Dress Code: casual

my buddy Steve with a skillful waitress

Instant Answers: Ireland

Comments

Other Nightlife in Ireland