Kinsale, Ireland

by Coombsie
  • Coombsie's Profile Photo

The White House: Great Local

by Coombsie Written Nov 25, 2004

The White House in Kinsale is well worth the trip. It has a very quaint pub area. Cozy up next to the fire with some outstanding seafood chowder or maybe an Irish Coffee. Great food, the pub staff was outstanding.

They have a sister restraunt in Newport, Rhode Island, USA called the Black Pearl. They have chef swaps every summer which might be really different. The man running the bar told us all about it. We will definately go there this summer when they swap because the food at the White House was outstanding!

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish was the John Dorry Special. I don't know if they have it all the time, but it was the local fish, sauted in a garlic cream sauce with a salmon and scallop stuffing. This was the special of the day and it was Outstanding.

Guiness on tap is a must

• kathycollins's Profile Photo

White House Pub, KinsaleWe...

by kathycollins Written Sep 12, 2002

White House Pub, Kinsale
    We had wanted to eat at The Blue Haven, famous for its seafood cuisine, but arrived too late for lunch and too early for dinner so went to the White House instead, to find excellent seafood, delicious soup, good cup of tea, and a brown bread ice cream that was delicious, all at a very moderate price.
    I loved the town of Kinsale - a quaint harbor town gaining a reputation for excellent food and lots of craft shops

• KennetRose's Profile Photo

Kinsale: Ireland's gourmet capital

by KennetRose Updated Feb 27, 2003

This is Kinsale, just to the south of Cork city. There are lots of restaurants here, some of them very famous, some of them very expensive. I didn't go into any of them so I can't comment. I found the place just a little too precious for my taste.

Kinsale