Places to eat in Ireland

Most Viewed Restaurants in Ireland

• florry's Profile Photo

Cúl Gháirdín: Best Vegetarian Restaurant

by florry Written Jul 17, 2011

Cúl Gáirdín is a Wholefood Vegetarian Restaurant & Gallery. Check out the covered patio area, garden and marquee and upcoming surprise music gigs in the garden!The food is amazing, lovely Creps,Stir frys, specials, salads,cakes and more cakes.

Favorite Dish: I love the Cúl Gáirdín Salad,its massive with loads of lovely mix of salads, hummus, etc

Paddysday in Dingle
    • Festivals

• Porterhouse pub: Porterhouse pub is the place to be

by jld88 Updated Jul 9, 2011

I have visited many a pub in Dublin, Ireland and by far the best is the Porterhouse. The Porterhouse is a brewery that specializes in making beers that are amazing! They also serve beers from around the world. It's a great place to meet people and they have music some nights. Just be careful of the table flames. I accidentally lit myself on fire by leaning over one! to make it worse I was flirting with someone I just met. Oh well plenty of fish in the sea.

Favorite Dish: Oyster Beer. The Irish have a poetic soul but even Yeats could not describe the excellence of this beer.

• LaineBelle's Profile Photo

Kylemore: Excellent Buffet in City Center

by LaineBelle Updated Apr 4, 2011

Buffets are good places, I think, to get a quick meal when I am in a hurry and usually offer more choices for the side dishes, which I really like. Kylemore is one of the two I found in Ireland that were excellent. The food was well prepared and very fresh tasting.

Favorite Dish: Poached salmon and a huge helping of veggies, with drink cost E10.90. Very good value for very good food.

• Singles
    • Women's Travel

• fmaven's Profile Photo

Fitzer's (Dawson Street location): Excellent Food, but Something Amiss

by fmaven Updated Apr 4, 2011

Fitzer's is an upscale treat well-located near St. Stephen's Green, Grafton St. & Temple Bar. The restaurant itself is elegant and beautiful and the crowd was fashionable and trendy. It was packed when our group of 9 went, so make sure you make a reservation.

The menu is more "nouveau cuisine", but excellent. The service however, seemed a little cold to us. It is not a bargain, so be prepared to spend a little more here than average.

Favorite Dish: You can't go wrong. Everything was good and I tasted other dishes as well and theirs was excellent too.

• Business Travel

• eden_teuling's Profile Photo

by eden_teuling Updated Apr 4, 2011

Mr and Mrs Garry & Eileen O'Boyle have created 2 fine places to enjoy a meal whether a breakfast, a lunch or an evening meal....

They have called this restaurant-Sandwich Bar THE APPLE TREE because it is located at the ORCHARD LANE and yes, there are orchards....

Favorite Dish: Dingle is the City Dingle on the Peninsula Dingle in the South West of Ireland, in County Kerry.

• eden_teuling's Profile Photo

by eden_teuling Updated Apr 4, 2011

Yes, Garry & Eileen O"Boyle are the owners of this place too!

And they do a fine job: they have a restaurant & Snack Bar and this place: Specialised in FISH AND CHIPS...

So fish and chips it was and I can tell you it was great!!

Favorite Dish: You will feel at home there and enjoy whatever you order....

Not expensive......good value....

• iris2002's Profile Photo

Cornucopia: For Vegetarians and Food Allergetics

by iris2002 Updated Apr 4, 2011

This is a great restaurant bang in the middle of Dublin, yet not very well known by tourists.

It is a small place and full any time of day and you got to share tables ---- which is nice, for I always met some interesting people there.

It is VEGETARIAN and the food is excellent!!!! And not expensive with many, many options to vary your menu.

Favorite Dish: Roasted nut loaf with side salad
    and then for a carrott walnut cake and some herbal tea!

Be a veggie!

• geekgrrl's Profile Photo

The Horseshoe Pub and Restaurant: Best Pub meal we have had!

by geekgrrl Updated Apr 4, 2011

We heard the ribs were excellent, and they were. But the vegetarian daughter had a vegetable stuffed phyllo dish that was outstanding.

Favorite Dish: The au gratin potatoes were excellent
    For dessert: a chocolate brandy mousse which was divine

• geekgrrl's Profile Photo

Linnane’s Pub: Way off the beaten track!

by geekgrrl Updated Apr 4, 2011

This pub saved our lives when we were starving and far from anywhere.

Favorite Dish: The homemade vegetable soup - I found the veggie soup in Ireland to be a puree but totally wonderful - and the grilled ham, cheese, onion sandwich were so good!

A port in a storm!

• wandabendik's Profile Photo

Poppies.Featured in the film LEAP YEAR.: Home country cooking.

by wandabendik Updated Mar 9, 2011

My first impression, the outside was very inviteing, the ambience was warm and pleasent to sit in and have your meal, not a rushed place, you could sit and watch the world go by whilst enjoying a drink.

Favorite Dish: The menu had a good selection, I had poppies special chicken, which was creamy chicken with a cornflake and almond topping, this was accompanied with salad and veggies.
    For afters I had a rubarb crumble,with custard. All home made of course. Yummy!

poppies, home cooking.

• annemariebyrne's Profile Photo

by annemariebyrne Updated Jan 23, 2011

Coeliac disease is very prevalent in Ireland so you should have little difficulty in finding food and drink to suit. Menus often mark gluten free foods with a c in brackets after the name of the dish, indicating that it is suitable for coeliacs. It is always worth asking the staff for recommendations. With regard to drinks presumably you know that wine, spirits and cider are generally all gluten free, Bulmers is a popular brand of cider in Ireland. Some coeliacs drink Budweiser because it is wheat-free but there is a question about whether the barley used has been treated or not. There are several mirobreweries such as The Porterhouse chain (Parliament St and Nassau St in the city centre, and also in Phibsboro and Bray) who produce their own gluten-free beers and offer some gluten free dishes on their food menu. In some pubs you may find gluten-free beers such as Green’s Premium Pils, Estrella Daura and Glutaner.
    As mentioned above will be invaluable in planning your trip to Ireland.
    Btw, that supermarket chain is called Marks and Spencer! They have two main outlets in Dublin city centre, one in Grafton St and one in Mary St and several other branches around the country. Anne Marie

• arkadia's Profile Photo

VAUGHANS Anchor Inn: French Cuisine in a pub

by arkadia Written May 24, 2010

Pub close to the Cliffs of Moher in the village of Liscannor.
    Varm and cozy ambiance with open fireplace, pub feeling, Tv with sports.
    Special is that the food is kind of a "french cuise" food, from the presentation to the prices as well.

Favorite Dish: The desserts I would say. Faboulous. Fish & Chips I have to say that I ate better back in Sweden. 18 euro for an easy dish, the only thing was the good presentation.

The pub itself Fish & Chips Dessert Open fire place, cozy
    • Luxury Travel

• arkadia's Profile Photo

The Meetings: IMMORTALISED BY THOMAS MOORE in 1804

by arkadia Updated May 22, 2010

Restaurant, Bar & Lounge, En-suite accomodation, Shop & Off-Licence, Convernce/Funtion Room, Craft Shop & Bureau de Change

Favorite Dish: We just stopped for a light lunch and we hade a vegetable soup with brown bread and fried mushrooms filled with creeme chese. Delicious. To that a guinnes.

The Meetings River Avoca meets River Avonmore Detail of the bar
    • Music

• donpaul77's Profile Photo

Flannery's Pub: They do lunch "In a big way"

by donpaul77 Updated Jan 5, 2010

While we were looking for a place to have lunch in Limerick, we found that most pubs had soup and sandwiches and little else. That's all fine but we wanted something more substantial and one barman directed us to Flannery's Pub because they "Do lunch in a big way". Flannery's is one of 5 pubs, each owned by a different cousin, having inherited the pub from their respective fathers. I found Flannery's to be a bright, comfortable pub with a friendly and helpful barman, who came to our table to take our order. While there, we and another couple were entertained by a local barfly who would stop and tell us an old joke every time he went out to have a smoke.

I've heard the craic can be pretty good at night.

Favorite Dish: Flannery's has your typical pub menu. We both ordered the fish and chips, which was yummy. The Guinness was good to boot.

Flannery's bar inside flannery's bar
    • Beer Tasting

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Abbey Tavern Barn: An Irish Meal

by grandmaR Updated May 23, 2009

We ate a lot of typical Irish meals on our trip, but the best one was the one we ate in Howth. We were to have a typical Irish meal and then a show. There was at least one other bus group there at the same time as we were. There were locals there in the bar, but the restaurant is basically set up for tour groups.

Favorite Dish: We both had the leek and potato soup (alternative was Roquefort salad), corned beef and cabbage (alternative was salmon - the cabbage was really good because it was cut up into small pieces and was tender) and I had apple tart and my grandson had ice cream. Afterwards there was Irish Coffee (my grandson had coke and I had nothing)

Corned beef and cabbage Plaques on the wall Leek and potato soup Apple tart Grandson at the table
    • Music

Trim Hotels
27 Reviews - 106 Photos

Instant Answers: Ireland

Ireland Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ireland restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ireland sightseeing.
Map of Ireland