Pescara Restaurants

Hai Cheng Ristorante Cinese
    by Paisleypaul
    Outside - does not do itself justice!
  • First pick all over the world - Hot & Sur soup
    First pick all over the world - Hot &...

Most Recent Restaurants in Pescara

• manuna's Profile Photo

Ristorante Pizzeria Marechiaro da Bruno: One More Good Seafood Restaurant

by manuna Written Nov 7, 2013

The menu looks rather poor when you start reading it, but the waiter will make you change your mind. As practically every dish will be cooked according to your taste, wish etc.
    All the portions are very big.

There are tables with a nice sea-view.

Favorite Dish: Fish in the oven and of course the starters assorty.

• manuna's Profile Photo

Flaiano da Alfonso: Cooking as an Art

by manuna Written Nov 7, 2013

It's so happened that we visited this restaurant 3 times (and as there are 4 of us, we managed to taste most of its menu).
    Our acquaintance started long before our arrival to Pescara. I read restaurant reviews at this site and chose it for our Ferragosta Dinner. I was pleasantly surprised that there was an opportunity to book a table via internet.
    We arrived in Pescara in the evening after a long drive. So we were very tired, hungry and it started raining so we decided to go to the center of the city and have an early dinner... But in Pescara all the restaurants ( at least in August) open at 8 p.m. And we were already in despair when luckily the waiter of the restaurant agreed to let us in. The service and food were great so we were not very disappointed when we realised that we had a reservation at this restaurant for our next day dinner.
    And we noticed that this restaurant will welcome anybody even if it is absolutely full. We saw the way they organized additional tables for newcomers.

Favorite Dish: All the food is very delicious, but I would like to accentuate the serving. Especially desserts!

The only 'minus' - lack of seafood in the menu,

Ganatiero Ristorazione: Gourmet Venezia

by Paisleypaul Updated Aug 6, 2012

Granatiero Ristorazione - Gourmet Venezia

Had to check my records for the name of the restaurant, I thought it was Gourmet Venezia (cf. less upmarket Caffe Venezia tip) but receipt says otherwise.

Fabulous breads, we had bottled Leggerra mineral water and a local wine with a starter that was a piece of parma ham and avocado. Tagliata di Vitello - as pictured - was served with salad, grated pecorino and drizzled in aceto balsamico - great meal with live music and a comedy waiter!

Our total August 2011 was Eu67

Favorite Dish: We both had veal so something to compare will be nexty time ; )

• Business Travel

• Paisleypaul's Profile Photo

Pizzeria Liceo: Quick snack - great when you can't face dinner!

by Paisleypaul Written Aug 6, 2012
    Pizzeria Liceo di Calcni Giampero

Quick snacks of pizze slices and suppli with a soft drink and a beer to sit in totalled Eu12

Just enough for when you have overshot at lunch!

Favorite Dish: Great little "farcita pizzett" and delicious croquette like suppli

Hai Cheng: Chinese opposite stazione centrale

by Paisleypaul Written Aug 6, 2012

Hai Cheng Ristorante Cinese

This is a comfortable value for money unpretentious ristorante cinese atop the main shopping street. Also, it is just across Piazza del Rinascente from the public partof the beach. We had a quick and inexpensive lunch here in shorts and sandals twice, which were days we probably only had a pizza slice at night time.
    We were about Eu24 for wine beer cola hot & sour soup 2 mains and side dishes of rice - be aware that they are want to serve the speciality rice on its own, you should state you want it as an accompaniment to the mains to be safe

Favorite Dish: I am a bit set in my ways when it ccomes to Cantonese / Chinese and always start with Hot & Sour soup - at Eu1.90

• Trains

• Paisleypaul's Profile Photo

Buffalo Bill Steak Opera House: - At least not "Wild Bill"!

by Paisleypaul Updated Jul 18, 2012
    Buffalo Bill Steak Opera House

Functional but uninspired choice of steak, grilled chicken breasts, pork etc, served with chips and little else - as is the Italian way. you will order verdure or insalata separately. Would not in all honesty be in a huge hurry to return but if you are in this area, perhaps after the football as the stadium is nearby, it is simple and filling and we sound a really nice Abruzzo chardonnay!

Favorite Dish: Wine!

Spizzo Cafe: Qucik pizza slices panini and burgers

by Paisleypaul Written Jul 15, 2012
    Spizzo Cafe at Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, 288

Panini, pizze slices, hamburgers, cold drinks at this counter service tavola caldo type place we twice had a quick lunch at.

You will see a two tier history to my Pescara restaurant tips! Largely we would dress for dinner and eat more than one course at trattoria in the evening. For lunch we would generally roll off the beach in shorts and sandals and...sand !... and seek out cheap options for a quick bite needless to say Spizzo Cafe is in the latter category !

Favorite Dish: I liked the hamburger served in a round pitta with ketchup and mayo (pictured)

• Trains

Birreria del Corzo: Imaginative ristorante pizzeria forno a legna

by Paisleypaul Written Jul 15, 2012

Seating annexe of Birreria del Corso

I sought this place out our first night back in 2011 after having recalled it fondly from 2003.

There is a covered annexe onto the street and in door dining also.

I asked for the zuppa di pesce I recalled being so wonderful - but now (or just ferragosoto peak season?) you have to order the previous day!

Favorite Dish: Still kind of hankering after the above but the baked fish and the steak we ordered (pictured)were a delight

• Beaches

• L'osteria dell'Unione: Excellent restaurant!

by Fra.da. Updated Nov 2, 2007

What shall I take?

This restaurant/enoteca (=wine tasting) is located in the old part of town. The ambience is very cosy and typical Italian, with a wide choice of kinds of wine. The restaurant has many tables and can host many guests but it is spread into many different rooms.
    The host is from Salamanca (Spain), so you will find many Spanish dishes in the menu (e.g. Jamon Serrano), beside some international ones (e.g. meat imported from Argentina) and of course from Abruzzo.

Favorite Dish: We decided to take only a main course. My parents chose tagliatelle (home made pasta) with porcini mushroom (a must in Autumn!) and I took home made gnocchi with zenzero. All dishes served were tasty and delicious. We had some chocolate as dessert. My parents tried a local wine (little expensive - 3 euros per glass) and they enjoyed it a lot. The wine list was of course very very long.

We spent 18 euros each.

I noticed that prices in Abruzzo are much lower than in the north of Italy, and food is always fresh and genuine. A great experience - would come back again!

• Wine Tasting

• Ristorante Flaiano: Excellent restaurant

by Fra.da. Updated Nov 2, 2007

The restaurant seen from inside

I had a very pleasant dinner at Ristorante Flaiano, which is located in the old part of the town.
    The host is from Apulia (south of Italy), but all the dishes served are from Abruzzo.
    The ambience is very cosy, with many pictures of Italian movies of the 60's.
    The restaurant started its activity at the beginning of 2007, but locals seem to enjoy it a lot, since the restaurant was fully booked even though it was Monday night.

Favorite Dish: We started with some bruschette (bread with tomatos, olive oil, tartufo mushroom, ricotta cheese), which were very tasty.
    My parents then went on with a tagliata di angus (beef) with porcini mushroom. I tried it and I must say it was really excellent! I took farro with porcini and pumpking as main course, it was excellent too and very healthy also.
    As dessert, we chose a delicious chocolate tart with hot chocolate filling inside.

Every dish was well prepared - see my pics for more details.

Price: less than 25 € each. A great deal!!

• Wine Tasting

Cafe....: Exotic Cocktail

by Applelyn Written Jul 7, 2006

I like the interior design. It had wooden finishing that brought out the natural feel. Their drinks are good and not forgeting the gelato. Drinks are served with tapas-like snacks and plenty of nuts at the counter.

Favorite Dish: I like the non-alcoholic cocktail. They quench your thirst like nobody's business...:P

Lecky Horn: Authentic Italian Food

by Applelyn Updated Apr 8, 2006

The restaurant gives a cosy and homely feel and it also has a bar counter. The food is delicious especially the antipasta. For those who want real authentic italian food especially from Abruzzi region, you must come and try it.

Favorite Dish: I like the anti pasta...especially the smoked fish and the sundried tomatoes. The seafood is fresh and the seasoning is the typical italian type.(No American Style)

Ristorante da Alfredo: Excellent Seafood

by Applelyn Updated Feb 5, 2006

panocchie

The seafood there is really fresh. You must try the range of antipasta there. Most of the dishes I tried were raw and it brought out the freshness of the sea. Try the midget crabs, oysters, prawns and panocchie o cicale. I didnt really try the full first plate as I was filled to the brim at the end of the antipasta display.

Favorite Dish: Panocchie o cicale. Sweet and soft. Must be eaten raw....

Caffe Venezia: l'aroma di Pescara

by Paisleypaul Updated Aug 6, 2012
    Caffe Venezia

The cake and coffee cousin of the Gourmet Venezia at Viale Regina Margherita, 16 reviewed here, good night stop for some espresso and home baking

Favorite Dish: The above mentioned home baking!

• CLillard's Profile Photo

Thomas Cafe: Delicious Food and Friendly English Speaking Owner

by CLillard Updated Apr 4, 2011

Dining outside

The food is all prepared by the wonderful chef. They also have thick juicy steak, which is not common in Italy.

Opens daily at 6 pm.

Instant Answers: Pescara

Comments

Pescara Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Pescara restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pescara sightseeing.