Arqua Petrarca Things to Do

• mapakettle's Profile Photo

A War Memorial

by mapakettle Written Jun 16, 2005

Great view of the surrounding hills

At the end of 'pottery lane', there are a set of steps that lead up a fairly steep hill, to a war memorial. I'm ashamed to say, I didn't read the inscription, nor even glance at the wars it commemorated.

I really just wanted an elevated spot from which to take photos of the surrounding hillsides. I promise that upon my return to Arqua Petrarca in the next few weeks, I shall give proper respect to the fallen.

To my defense, this area is also used as a sort of 'Lovers Lane', and one young couple rather coveted the immediate area around the base of the memorial.

The ascent up these stairs will take perhaps five minutes at best, but the view is worth any moisture lost.

I have enclosed a photo of the memorial.

• mapakettle's Profile Photo

Wander, simply wander about.

by mapakettle Written Jun 15, 2005

love to view the hills surrounding me

Arqua Petrarca is a place to go when you are in the mood for low level tourist 'stuff'. There is no rush to get from one site to another because you can't return home without taking a snap shot. The whole town is the site, a collective.

I love coming here, and slowly wandering about, stopping for a leisurely meal, and a drink in an enoteca. There is no pressure to do anything.

Just take your time, and dream of yesteryear.

• Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Arqua Petrarca

Comments

Arqua Petrarca Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Arqua Petrarca things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Arqua Petrarca sightseeing.

View all Arqua Petrarca hotels