Isola d' Ischia Tourist Traps

Sylvio and Ellen
    by EllenH

Most Recent Tourist Traps in Isola d' Ischia

• be cautious with taxi's

by snakebrain Written Aug 22, 2007

Be cautious with the local taxi drivers. They all charge exorbitant prices which they're usually prepared to lower by half at least if you argue a bit. There will be much emphatic gesturing, lies about how far it is, comments about yourself, then they'll capitulate and take you wherever you want for a reasonable price.

I generally steer clear of them anyway as they're just more hassle than they're worth. There are usually a dozen of them standing around ischia ponte at any given time bemoaning that they don't get more work.

Unique Suggestions: Haggle a (good) bit and be prepared to take the bus instead if they won't play ball.

• EllenH's Profile Photo

missed our bus but it was ok

by EllenH Written Nov 28, 2004

Sylvio and Ellen

If you take the bus to Fontana to take the hike to the highest point on the island, Mt Epomeo, right across the street from the bus stop is a coffee shop. His name was Sylvio, and he was a cute older Italian man who practically drug us into the shop for a cappucino. Ok the cappucinos were huge, expensive, but very delicious, maybe the best I have had. But no sooner then we sat down our bus came across the street, we had already hiked to the top of Epomeo and we were just trying to get "home"

Unique Suggestions: Well old Sylvio used that half hour till the next bus to hang out with us, asking us questions, picking me some fresh bay leaves which I accidently smuggled back into the U.S. Joe wasn't really trusting his motives but I had no problem with him except he was seriously hanging on me. Why is it only old Italian men are captivated by me? :(
    just kidding.

Fun Alternatives: Hey it was a great cup of coffee and we did get to meet someone we would not have otherwise. It was just a bit coerced.

Instant Answers: Isola d' Ischia

Comments

Isola d' Ischia Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Isola d' Ischia tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Isola d' Ischia sightseeing.

View all Isola d' Ischia hotels