Naples Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Naples

• La Cantina del Lazzari: Proper food at last!

by DoveRedRobin Updated Jun 19, 2014
    Sign outside

Found this place quite by chance after being ripped off by the establishment on the quayside. After a week of the usual fare of pastas and pizzas, and extremely poor or downright, rude service, this place gave us the variety of food we had been craving, at a price that was very reasonable. Very pleasant hosts, who took the trouble to write their menus in English as well, and tried to serve with servility and kindness. A meal that was palatable to English tastes at a price that is about 50% less than the restaurants in the area.

Great welcome back on second visit.

Favorite Dish: Without doubt, the crepes stuffed with vegetables.

• Seniors

• bonio's Profile Photo

Ciro a Medina: Ciro a Medina

by bonio Written Apr 24, 2013

Restaurant close to our hotel and used to international visitors, still a good value pizza and salad for us, quality and price both top notch!
    Mrs B very happy with a simple marinara and mine with aubergines from a coal oven, sooo tasty, one of those limonicellos to finish with, enjoyed our visit here.

• painterdave's Profile Photo

Port Alba: Our Best Pizza

by painterdave Updated Nov 6, 2012

Awards Displayed

We came away from Naples not feeling like we were experts on their pizza, however the places we chose made exceptional pizzas, and other specialities of Naples. We saw a lot of pizzas made and because we live in Italy we feel we know a good pizza when we taste one. Therefore, I want to suggest this restaurant for you to try.
    Their crust was light and tasty and the sauce was a deeper taste than other places we tried. They also had generous amounts of goodies on the top.
    We saw other people ordering other things and we saw a lot of smiles later.

Favorite Dish: PIZZA!

• Turska's Profile Photo

Fantasia Gelati: Good ice cream

by Turska Written May 1, 2012

It has been so cold before, that we didn´t dare to try ice cream until the last day of our trip. Too bad, when Italian ice cream is the best if you ask me. I´m not a fan of ice cream, but in Italy I want it. But now it was too cold.. But at our last day we decided that we must buy ice cream from the next kiosk we will see. And it was this.
    They have some "home made" ice cream bars, cones, ice cream pastry and so on, but also the normal "buy two or three balls"-system. I took coco ice cream (because you don´t have it at Finland, I must allways get it elsewhere) and I think creme caramel ice cream. I don´t remeber what my husband had. The ice cream was good, better than in Finland, but not as good as in some places at Rome and Milano and surroundings we have had.
    But I belive you can´t had a bad ice cream at Italy :)

Favorite Dish: Coco-ice cream, because I love cocos!

• Turska's Profile Photo

L´Antica Pizzeria d´Michele: Yes, it is worth for it..

by Turska Written Apr 29, 2012

Looks like little burned, but tastes great!

We had huge doubt about this, even if everyone keep saying how great it is. We usually never ate at Naploi, because we are used to eat at night, and it was daytime allways when we were here.Twice we tried to go to da`Michele but it was crowded, and people waiting outside with numbers on the paper like in Finnish banks. We didn´t wait.
    One day we walked by, and suddenly there was no people outside. We went to look in, and someone guided us to the table. We were not that hungry, but we decided to taste tha famous pizza, and split it together. The price was only 4 euros, and the weither gave us another plate for free (yes, in Finland you need to pay for another plate usually..). With our huge doubts we took our first bites, and my husband even said"What is so special about this?". But soon we changed his mind. We were so sorry, we didn´t have our own pizzas! And why didn´t we get extra cheese, when the cheese was so good also. I don´t lijke tomatos, but in pizza they are o.k. for me as a sauce, but this time I must say that the sauce was really good! And the bottom was so different from the others. Try to see when there is no lots of people outside, and get in. And don´t take too small pizza ;) We allmost ordered another one!
    I guess most of you know how famous this is. We saw it at some documentary about Italian food, and it has been in some Julia Roberts film. There was photos of celebrities who eated there.

Favorite Dish: There is only three pizzas. Marinara, Margareta and Margareta with extra cheese. They came two different size. We took the smaller margareta and ate half of it both.. it was not enought for that taste! I have never had as good pizza so simple.

• blusky's Profile Photo

Gambrinus: Gambrinus and why everyone talks about it

by blusky Written Jan 23, 2012

It's symbol of elegance and drinking coffee in Naples. Many famous people from past and present took their coffee there and many will do.
    You can go there for the afternoon tea, try cakes, mignon. You can grab an aperitivo before luch or dinner.
    You just really need to go there. It's a must!

Favorite Dish: Mignons...

• Luxury Travel

• blusky's Profile Photo

Umberto: Naepolitans eat there from 1916

by blusky Written Jan 23, 2012

Typical place to taste some of the best things of Naepolitan cuisine. If you come for Sunday lunch you'll find pasta dishes made in a way that Naepolitans do it in theri own homes.
    You can also find pizza, eventhough is more expensive than in traditional pizzerias that you can find all over the places.

It's closed on Monday

Favorite Dish: Try Parmigiana (southern Italian dish aubergine-fried sliced filling, layered with cheese and tomato sauce, then baked.) They serve it in tegamino.

• wandabendik's Profile Photo

Sorbillo.: When in Naples eat like napolitans.

by wandabendik Written Mar 26, 2011

Sorbillo is a basic no frills pizzeria, with clay ovens you can see your food being prepared and baked to perfection.You can have a two course meal and drink for ten pounds. Tiramisu is gorgeous.

Favorite Dish: Tiramisu is lovely made with coffee and cream and alcohol.
    Pizza Napolitan is very tasty.
    This pizzeria was quite local to the hotel we were staying in, and recommened in a tour guide disappointed.
    Quite an experience.

• wandabendik's Profile Photo

sorbillo.: Fresh pizza napolitan.

by wandabendik Written Sep 28, 2010

Chefs at work.

The restaurant was recomended by a guide book, so we thought we would give it a try.
    2 pizzas, 2 drinks and a tiramisu for 20 euro's.
    Enjoyed it. Thank you.

Favorite Dish: Scilian pizza,
    olives, capers and anchovies.Yummy.
    The Tiramisu is lovely, you could taste the richness of the coffe and it was moist. perfect,
    Would go back again if in the area.

• dirtroady's Profile Photo

Brandi: Tourist Trap - Don't waste your time

by dirtroady Written Sep 16, 2010

The only reason I went to Brandi is that a Korean tourist I was spending the day with really wanted to go and I went with her. Supposedly Margherita pizza was invented here but what a waste of time and money.

A Margherita is 8,50€! That's ridiculous! You can get something of slightly better quality for 3,50€! There was barely any cheese on the pizza and the men (all workers were men) were smoking inside the restaurant and were not friendly. They had just opened when we got there but it felt like they were at their day's end.

Total tourist trap and not pleasant.

• sargentjeff's Profile Photo

Il Golosone: My good friend Maurizio's Pasticceria

by sargentjeff Updated May 14, 2010

Friends and Family in Naples

A friend I once knew, Maurizio, owns this pasticceria downtown in Spaccanapoli. Him and his wife Alle are great people, and he makes some delicious treats to satiate your sweet tooth. Try a sfogliatello Napolitana for a nice start. He also has gelato (Italian Ice cream) and many other great things.

Favorite Dish: Maurizio is on the right in the Photo with a few of his friends

da Ciro a Santa Brigida: An establishment in Napoli

by MM212 Updated Apr 29, 2010

dinner at da Ciro - Apr 2010

Considered an establishment in Naples, da Ciro a Santa Brigida serves very authentic and exquisitely prepared Neapolitan cuisine. The restaurant has been run by the same family since they opened it in 1932. Although the main dining room could use a facelift (just like the rest of the city), it is nevertheless an elegant yet unpretentious dining experience. Da Ciro a Santa Brigida is located on Via Santa Brigida, off via Toledo, not too far from Piazza del Plebiscito.

Trattoria da Ettore: Pizza & Neapolitan Cuisine in Santa Lucia

by MM212 Updated Apr 29, 2010
    da Ettore's outdoor seating (Apr 2010)

Located on via Santa Lucia, near Piazza Plebiscito and Castel dell'Ovo, Trattoria da Ettore serves authentic Neapolitan cuisine including delicious pizzas. The relatively small restaurant has outdoor seating for better weather. This is a great place for lunch when visiting Plebiscito area and Castel dell'Uovo, or come here for dinner. You won't be disappointed.

• MM212's Profile Photo

Sorbillo: Best Pizza in Napoli?

by MM212 Updated Mar 21, 2010

Crowd outside Sorbillo

For my first taste of the famous Neapolitan pizza, I went straight for what was considered the best the city had to offer, Pizzeria Sorbillo. The rather small pizzeria, founded in 1935 and located in the heart of historic Naples, had been awarded the hefty title "Miglior Pizza d'Italia" (Best Pizza in Italy) and was frequently featured in guidebooks. Upon arrival, A large crowd had gathered outside waiting for a table, but being alone, I was able to jump ahead of everyone. I must admit that at first I was sceptical and not convinced that Neapolitan pizza could be that much better, but tasting the pizza at Sorbillo left me persuaded: there is nothing like Neapolitan pizza!

• Beer Tasting

• Trianon Pizzeria: Don't miss the Pizzelle Fritta

by Bettina09 Written Oct 29, 2009

Pizza is excellent, so is the Pizzelle Fritta, I couldnt have enough of it.

Favorite Dish: The Pizza Margharita and the pizza with melanzane(eggplant)

The pizzeria was right next to my Hotel Cimarosa, what fortune!!!!!

Instant Answers: Naples

Comments

Naples Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Naples restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Naples sightseeing.