Naples Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Naples

• Redang's Profile Photo

Ristorante Lo Spacco: Friendly Atmosphere

by Redang Updated May 10, 2009

Ristorante Lo Spacco (Naples, Italy)

I happened to find this very friendly restaurant where, on some occasions, you even share the table with other people. I also had a great time chatting with the owner who was talking about very funny things. It was like having lunch at home.

• tubbiebear's Profile Photo

Fratelli la Bufala: Best Pizza in Napoli

by tubbiebear Written Apr 30, 2009

We found this place in 2005 when we visited Napoli for the first time. It was a recommendation from staff at the hotel where we were staying. Fratelli la Bufala serves the best Margherita Pizza with fresh buffalo mozzarella.

Every time we visit Napoli we always eat here.

• rosie235's Profile Photo

Da Michele: undoubtedly the best pizza you will ever eat

by rosie235 Written Oct 18, 2008

for the absolute best pizza you will ever eat try this place :
    Antica Pizzeria SRL 'Da Michele'
    Via Cesare Sersal
    1/3 (Angolo Via P Colleta)
    80100 Naples
    Italy

It is a very unpretencious pizza house but by far the best pizza you will ever experience. Get there early to avoid the queue waiting outside with ticket in hand awaiting their turn. There isn't a massive choice of pizza's in fact there are 2 only if i recall. One margarita, ( tomato and basil ) and a marinara which is basically the margarita with cheese. The pizzas are wood fired. simple and superb. Choice of drinks are beer, wine and soft drink. No big long wine list at all. I think we paid around 4 euro for a pizza. Great value.

ask anyone in Naples about Da Michele and they will all know it. It is very famous. Hopefully you get to experience a pizza from one of the oldest, authentic pizza houses in Italy.

Pizzeria Brandi: Very good restaurant in Spaccanapoli

by deebum25 Written Sep 25, 2008

While wandering Spaccanapoli we stumbled across Pizzeria Brandi and decided to go in. We were surprised at some of the prices of the food but the pizzas and beer were very reasonably priced and excellent! I had the bresaola and rocket pizza. Wonderful!

Trianon: awesome pizza!

by deebum25 Written Sep 25, 2008

I thought this pizza was better than Antica de Michelle and the prices were just as reasonable. The local wine was nothing to write home about but service was quick and the pizza was decidedly very tasty. I had sausage and mushrooms and my husband had ham and eggs. Delicious!

Trattoria Tipica da Giovanni: Genuine Neapolitan Food

by deebum25 Written Sep 25, 2008

We loved the food here and the prices were very reasonable. They do not speak any English so be prepared to understand rapid fire Italian. We had a miscommunication that concluded with us only receiving two out of three courses that we had ordered because I had misunderstood the gesticulations of our waitress who thought we were finished. They have an antipasti bar at the front door that's very good. When you look at the menu what you see in the front bar is the antipasti and it's all delicious. If we had been in Naples for another day we would have returned as the food really was wonderful.

• HispanicYob's Profile Photo

Trattoria Medina: Napoli Pizza

by HispanicYob Written Aug 30, 2008

Enjoying lunch at Trattoria Medina

Naples is famed for it's pizza, and from what I gathered reading about it and also during my time in the city, is taken very seriously. You can find pizza all over Italy and especially in Naples, where almost every corner either has a pizzeria or someone who sells it. Trattoria Medina was the one I most frequented, since it's near the port and easily accessible. Be aware though this restuarant has a "seating charge" which I thought was ridicoulous. And don't worry about tipping, since it's usually covered in the check itself. The pizza here is great and has a nice, crisp fresh. They have a variety of pizzas for your sampling delights.

Favorite Dish: The only thing I really tried was the pizza, but there's also pasta and other appetizers.

• Singles
    • Study Abroad

• tuff's Profile Photo

Pizza

by tuff Written Apr 16, 2008

Along the street of Naples I found a local pizza place which sells take away pizza for one euro each, the pizza was just dough with tomato sauce which tasted very, very good. The store cannot even keep up with the demand and the shelves were always empty.

• Wowmoment's Profile Photo

Leon D'Oro: You Can't Refuse

by Wowmoment Updated Apr 15, 2008

Several good reviews of this great little restaurant already (see toonsarah, among others), with which I agree.

No one mentioned however that the lovely Waiters all look like extras from 'The Godfather'.

Go and see if I'm not right!

• Wowmoment's Profile Photo

Osteria da Carmela: Small Friendly Place

by Wowmoment Written Apr 13, 2008

Osteria da Carmela

This restaurant has only 7 or 8 tables so probably worth booking.

We visited on two nights and found the waiting staff and chef different each visit. They were equally friendly and helpful and the food was a delight.

A good choice of meat; fish; pasta as one would expect plus some very good wines. We were brought a delicious complementary antipasti, it was like a light dough ball filled with cream cheese.

Delightful experience all round

Favorite Dish: The meal I chose was grilled Lamb on the first visit and local fish on the second. Both were superb as was the accompanying salad. Hard to describe why such relatively plain food was so good, just the quality of the ingredients, prepared freshly and served with charm.

• wilocrek's Profile Photo

Pizzeria Van Bool: Excellent Pizza at an Excellent Price!

by wilocrek Written Mar 15, 2008

Located right along Corso Umberto, about six blocks from the train station, Pizzeria Van Bool offers authentic Italian style pizza at local prices. I had a spicy salami pizza for only four euro and the pizza was big enough that I couldn't quite finish it. The only warning I would give about this place is that they charge 3 euro for a can of soda.

• hawkhead's Profile Photo

Aiello Restaurant: Speedy Pizzas!

by hawkhead Updated Mar 5, 2008

Look for the line outside at lunchtime - the locals queue up for the pizzas which are made in a wood-burning pizza oven and are produced at lightening speed. There are tables inside with a more extensive menu. Slightly olde-worlde but good food and apart from us foreignors, everyone else was a local i.e. business man, shop attendants and so on.

• Seniors
    • Museum Visits

• Balam's Profile Photo

Pizza

by Balam Written Feb 26, 2008

Pizza margharita

Naples is the home of Pizza and you can not visit without eating pizza in Naples.
    some like the one we went to had a counter outside were people could buy pizza to go or other snacks like calzone and even deep fried Pizza.

• Trianon: BEST PIZZA IN THE WORLD!

by ttsui Written Feb 22, 2008

If you google Trianon or da Michele, you will find websites debating which restaurant serves the best pizza in the world. I believe Trianon is better. They are both located on the same street, off Via Umberto and Via Pietro Colleta. We went to Trianon twice, and tried at least 8 different pizzas on their menu (hey, there was five of us!). Enjoy!

• jubistuta79's Profile Photo

Fresh Seafood! Spaghetti Alla Scoglio!

by jubistuta79 Updated Dec 28, 2007

There are one seafodd restaurant near with Archeological Museum in Naples. This restaurant located just in front of the museum. Easy to find it. Once you in city near with sea, dont forget to try the seafood. My fav food (when I travel) is Spaghetti All Scoglio .. or spaghetti with clams. Some restaurant, they also served with prawns! This restaurant provide a very good spaghetti, with fresh seafood. There another restaurant also serve a good seafood, but in Venice. This spaghetti cost you only 14.00 euro, and DONT order any 2nd meal! For italia, spaghetti only for 1st coast, and pizza is 2nd coast. But, with this spaghetti, you dont have to order 2nd food.It is enough! And this restaurant provide you typical Italian restaurant! The waiter are very polite and humble, and they can speak English! Parla Inglese ...

Instant Answers: Naples

Comments

Naples Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Naples restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Naples sightseeing.