Parco Nazionale del Vesuvio What to Pack

• GUYON's Profile Photo

Do not forget

by GUYON Written Aug 15, 2005
    Climbing Vesuvius

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: A cap or a hat against sun. Sun glasses if the sun shines.
    Good shoes.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Do not be concerned by the stick. It is given at the beginning of the climb and take back when you leave. Do not forget the tip, of course.

Miscellaneous: A bottle of water. The snack bars of the parking sell them 2 euros.

• National/State Park

• sandysmith's Profile Photo

Clean shoes only!

by sandysmith Updated Sep 14, 2003

getting my shoes de-dusted

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: sturdy shoes are required for the climb up Vesuvius. There's quite a lot of loose shale and really sandals are NOT suitable, although some people did walk in these.
    I was also glad I had my walking pole with me - helps the knees on the way down ;-)

Miscellaneous: After traipsing around Pompei and then Vesuvius in one day our shoes were really filthy and we had a kind coach driver who cleaned our shoes for with his air pipe before we boarded the coach for the return trip!
    Guess it saved him a lot of problems trying to clean the coach otherwise :-S

Instant Answers: Parco Nazionale del Vesuvio

Comments

Parco Nazionale del Vesuvio What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Parco Nazionale del Vesuvio what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Parco Nazionale del Vesuvio sightseeing.

View all Parco Nazionale del Vesuvio hotels