Parco Nazionale del Vesuvio Warnings and Dangers

a child who died during the eruption
    by garnet8618

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Parco Nazionale del Vesuvio

• TOILET TROUBLES AT VESUVIO!

by BEVVIE Written Jan 3, 2005

Despite being pre-warned about the state of the toilets on vesuvio, I was left with no option but to use them after our trek to the crater. I had been beforehand but it is much cooler up at the top and I think my bladder constricted somewhat!
    I have to rate these toilets as the worst I have ever encountered in Europe, they don't look that bad, it is the smell that makes you physically sick.
    The toilets in question are the ones at the back of a bar/shop near the car park.
    As we returned to our coach we noticed some portable toilets. Maybe these were in better condition, or were they worse?!
    Try not to let this put you off because it is a beautiful place to visit, just take some warm clothing and remember to hold your nose or face the consequences!

• garnet8618's Profile Photo

Watch Your Step

by garnet8618 Updated Oct 27, 2004

a child who died during the eruption

When you go to Pompeii, make sure you take some good shoes. The streets there are so old that the stones that are in it stick out. Also, since the volcanic eruption they have a film of ash over them and they are real slippery. I almost fell while I was there. eek!

• hquittner's Profile Photo

Walking Down Is As Steep As GoimgUp

by hquittner Written Apr 17, 2014
    Walking Down the Mountain

The side of the mountain presents as great a difficulty for going down the mountain as for climbing up, since it is quite steep/ Be sure to rent a walking stick before waling up.

• Seniors

Instant Answers: Parco Nazionale del Vesuvio

Comments

Parco Nazionale del Vesuvio Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Parco Nazionale del Vesuvio warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Parco Nazionale del Vesuvio sightseeing.

View all Parco Nazionale del Vesuvio hotels