Positano Transportation

by wilocrek

Most Recent Transportation in Positano

• trenitalia/circumvesuviana

by lolixedda Written Jul 17, 2012

Hi!!!!it's very well linked with TRENITALIA, the italian train company..the website is ferroviedellostato.it or as well the CIRCUMVESUVIANA, the local train.. An advise:don't buy anything outside the station in Naples and don't play bet games..you'll see.. it's a very funny local color!!

• Trains

• Positano Drivers great choice

by simonarusso Written Apr 11, 2012

We go to Positano every summer time and we love to call our big friends Francesco e Giuseppe to pick us up and drive over to Positano, They are native of the area and very safe drivers.We know them from 2007, our second experience to Positano, and we always had a warry free ride over to the coast.They always charge a good price around 95,00 euro for 3 of us but a coupple of time we did a trip of 6 of us and they came to pick up us with a van and we payd 150,00 euro.
    They are alway nice friendly, clean vehicles and more real than other people we meet in these years

• Benvenuto Limos

by LindaFryling Written May 19, 2011

We have used Benvenuto Limos on our past two trips to Positano. Giovanni was professional and helpful. He did such a good job showing us around the Almafi Coast that we plan to use them again this summer! HIGHLY RECOMMEND! New clean cars and careful drivers!

• Cruise

• Great service of transportation

by Weapon Written Apr 13, 2011

I've used the services of Benvenutodriver along the Amalfi Coast. I meet Giovanni at the airport of Naples and he drive in direction of Positano.
    I rent a villa on the coast with amazing sea view with company amalficoastrental.com . Giovanni was so helpful and his English is good. He shown us all beauties of the road, the Mont Vesuvius, the road on Surrentine Peninsula (magic sunset) and I consider he is also a very excellent driver.

He organize for us also an excursion to Pompei and Vesuvius and visit the Royal Palace of Caserta. He meet us at the villa and we start for a beautiful day along these magic places of Campania. He suggest us also a very good restaurant. We eat Buffalo Mozzarella cheese, a good fish. so good!
    I reccomend to use the services of www.benvenutodriver.com for the transportation along the Amalfi coast and rent the villas with company www.amalficoastrental.com
    Liz

• Women's Travel
    • Cruise
    • Luxury Travel

• Naples to Positano

by jana101 Updated Apr 4, 2011

I recently traveled to Italy and I hired Anthony's Car Service. Anthony met me at the train station in Naples and transported me to Positano. I was a bit nervous and afraid to be in Naples since it is known for a lot of crime, so I thought it would be best to hire a car service. I highly recommend this service, Anthony was on time, courteous, and drove superbly on the cliffs of the Amalfi coast. I also hired him to go to Pompeii. Again, he was punctual, courteous, and provided the history of the coast as well as Pompeii. In addition, his mini-van is very comfortable. Anthony also provides service throughout the Amalfi Coast. He may be reached at the contact details listed below.

• Women's Travel

• microsensazione's Profile Photo

From Positano to Cinque Terre: by car or by train?

by microsensazione Written Jul 7, 2010

From Positano to "Five Lands" renting a car...
    I'd rent it in Naples Airport, I think it's the simplest way.

Anyway I suggest to go to "Cinque Terre" area by train. It is more comfortable.
    Take a look on
    and test a possible travel from Naples to Riomaggiore

One last thing. It's not so simple to park the car on "Five Lands" area: trains, boats and feet are by far the best transportations over there.

Feel you welcome in Italy!
    Fabrizio

• microsensazione's Profile Photo

How to reach Positano from Rome?

by microsensazione Written Jul 7, 2010

I should reach by train but it's my way to intend.
    Take a look on this link:
    I think it could give you different ways to reach Positano.

Italian trains time table is visible on

Feel you welcome in my Country.
    Fabrizio

• nmeade09's Profile Photo

Positano by Bus

by nmeade09 Updated Jun 1, 2010

There are actually two buses that operate in Positano. To get to Positano, you take the blue bus that travels from Sorrento to Positano. The bus also travels further down the Amalfi Coast. There is also a bus that provides transportation within Positano. I think it is a green colored bus (I'm not exactly sure though; both buses don't stop at the same stops though, if that helps). You can get tickets for both at a tobacco shop. The tickets are good for 24 hours and don't cost that much (~5 euros or so).

• Nice ride with nice guy

by francesco-positano Written Mar 26, 2008

I am a traveller and usually i like to travel around the world by my self renting a car,bike,motorbike....
    I live in Positano and I know very well about the Amalfi coast road and about all the turning.
    A great idea to go to Positano is with a private driver or, when you are in Positano and you want to go somewhere(Pompeii, Ravello,Amalfi,Paestum...) rent a car, a smart one like the "smart" because is easy and safe to drive.Those are a coupple of e-mail in case you want a transfer or rent a car in Positano: info@alternativecarservice.com and info@positanosmartrental.com.
    They are friend of mine and they make very good price to everybody and don't forghet to tell to them about me Francesco

• Spa and Resort

• wilocrek's Profile Photo

The Bus to Positano: An adventure in itself!

by wilocrek Written Mar 12, 2008

Views from the bus

Taking the Sita bus to Positano is not only a cheap, fast way to travel but the trip its self is a adventure. The road to Positano is narrow and curves tightly to the edge of the mountain. If you suffer from motion sickness bring some medicine for this trip! The bus drivers are extremely skilled and you will marvel at their ability to navigate this roads that look like they were made for one way traffic in mind. On the way to Positano I recommend sitting on the right side of the bus as you will be treated to outstanding views of the coast and on some curves you will be looking straight down into the ocean. Have your camera ready!

• wilocrek's Profile Photo

By train and bus...whatever it takes!

by wilocrek Written Mar 12, 2008

The bus stop in Positano

Most people get to Positano by bus, going by car is certainly an option, but its a challenge to navigate from what I hear. Depending on where your coming from the Sita bus is the best way to do it. From Sorrento you simply catch the Sita bus at the stop just above the train station. From Sorrento its about a 40 minute ride to Positano. If your coming from Naples you want to take the Circumveusania, which is the local commuter train that runs between Naples and Sorrento. From Sorrento again, you take the Sita bus from the street just above the station. The train from Naples to Sorrento is about 50 minutes. I visited Positano from Naples and the entire trip took about two hours as I got lucky and didn't have to wait long for the bus from Sorrento. There is a bus that runs directly from Naples to Positano but it does not run frequently and will take almost three hours. It leaves from along the harbor in Naples. I recommend getting off at the first Positano stop. It will let you off right by some fruit stands and a cafe. At the cafe you can buy return tickets and you also catch the return bus in front of that cafe.

• londonlover's Profile Photo

Getting here from Napoli

by londonlover Updated Mar 17, 2007

Riding along the Amalfi Coast to Positano

The easiest way to get to Positano without a car is to take the train to Sorrento, then take one of the SITA buses that runs from the street just below the train station to Positano. These leave on a regular basis during tourist season--basically every hour, and it's a great scenic ride along cliff-hanging roads. Sit on the right side of the bus going to Positano for the best views right over the cliff, and don't be surprised if the driver is about 22. :) He'll probably have to back up a couple of times to let other cars pass...or maybe he'll be like ours, who seemed to use the size of our bus to intimidate the other drivers into letting him go first! :)
    Check the website for details. There are two stops in Positano--which one you want depends on where your hotel is. The driver will announce both stops, but it was up to us to get our luggage out of the bowels of the bus, and there's no pull-off, so act fast! :) (Don't worry, it's fun.)

• Eco-Tourism

• GuitarStan's Profile Photo

Getting to Positano by train/bus.

by GuitarStan Written Nov 9, 2006

Chiesa Nuevo bus stop, sign damaged by buses!

Of our 2 week stay in Italy we knew getting to Positano would be the most difficult to arrange. We came from Venice by train, we got a IC plus train, which stops less and required no train changes. You arrive in Napoli Centrale station and walk to the left (never exiting the station) and head to the Garibaldi station which is marked. We had some unclear directions with this part of our journey. One nevers leaves the stations to/from Naples Centrale/Garibaldi, where you pick up the Circumvesuviana train to Sorrento. The Circumvesuviana train make several stops to/from Sorrento/Naples. One of these stops is the Scavi Pompei stop which you will take if you want to tour the ruins of Pompei. Once you arrive in the Sorrento train station go to the tabacchi on the lower level and to the left as you exit. You will purchase a ticket for the SITA bus to Positano which departs on the street in front of the train station. They leave about every 30 minutes for Positano. If you are arriving on Sunday night (like us), the last bus leaves at 19:25 not 20:00. We missed the last bus (along with several others) by 2 minutes which required us to split with another couple an 80 euro cab ride! Normally this bus ride to Positano is about 4 euro. Get off at the Chiesa Nuevo bus stop, which is at the very top of Positano. At this stop you can also purchase your SITA bus ticket for your return trip back to Sorrento (Tabacchi at the bus stop). After you depart the blue SITA bus, wait for the Internal Positano bus to get to the nearest bus stop to your hotel. The marquee will say Positano, it will cost 1 euro per person to board and you can get off at any stop. You will be rewarded with beautiful Positano for your persistence! Good Luck!

• Hiking and Walking

• bijel's Profile Photo

The Magic Bus

by bijel Written Aug 10, 2006

Take the SITA bus for the entire coast. The roads are too narrow, too far, too treacherous to walk (please don't even try).

You can't drive in either, they restrict the number of cars allowed to pass through the area - there's no place to park anyway!

Take the SITA bus - it's scary but quite an experience, and very scenic. If not for anything, you'll admire the skill of Italian bus drivers.

You can pretty much see the entire Amalfi-Positano-Ravello coast on a SITA bus.

Besides, it's cheap!

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo

The Ferry to Capri (2 photos)

by nicolaitan Updated Dec 12, 2005

Day trips to Capri are made on the ferry, which is actually a tugboat-sized craft with benches on an open deck. From Naples and Sorrento much larger and faster hydrofoils are used. In season, tickets for the ferry should be purchased from the little kiosk on the west end of the Positano beach. The ferry begins in Sorrento and stops in Amalfi so to ensure a seat during high season buy early. The trip can be choppy as the boat passes the legendary home of the Scylla and Charybis, the sirens of Homer's Odyssey. The landing area at Positano is an unprotected pier so in rough weather it will just bypass. If this happens returning from Capri, the next stop is Amalfi. Fortunately the bus station is immediately adjacent so returning is not difficult although obviously inconvenient. The enclosed photos show Positano and Marina Grande from the ferry.

Instant Answers: Positano

Comments

Positano Transportation

Reviews and photos of Positano transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Positano sightseeing.