Once in Carassai you have the possibility to discover one of the best painter in history.
Carol Crivelli (circa 1430-5-circa 1495) is one of the great minor Renaissance masters who had a partiucularly striking style of rich details and patterns and strong outlines. "While his highly unique and eccentric vision has some affinities with artists such as Mantegna and his followers, Crivelli is a relatively isolated artistic figure; he and his family plied their trade in relative quiet in the Marchigian town of Ascoli Piceno.
Here are some of the places in Le Marche where you can find Crivelli's works:
• ANCONA - Pinacoteca civica - Madonna and Child and a Triptych of Madonna and Child with Saints
• ASCOLI PICENO - Pinacoteca civica - two triptychs of Madonna and Child with saints.
• ASCOLI PICENO - Duomo (Cappella del Sacramento) - a polyptych (1473) of Madonna and Child with Saints which is regarded as one of Crivelli's finest works.
• CORRIDONIA - (8 km S of Macerata) - Pinacoteca civica - Madonna enthroned with suckling child
• MACERATA - Pinocoteca - Madonna and Child (1470)
• MASSA FERMANA (20 km W of Fermo) - Parish Church of S. Lorenzo - polyptych of Madonna and Child Enthroned with Saint
• MONTEFIORE DELL'ASO (15 km S of Fermo) - Collegiate church of Santa Lucia - Six panels from a polyptych depicting Saints Mary Magdalene,Peter, Catherine of Alexandria, Ludovic of Tolosa, Clare amd James.
• MONTE SAN MARTINO - (25 km SW of Fermo) - Church of San Martino - Polyptych of Madonna and Child with Saints by Carlo and Vittore Crivelli
• POGGIO DI BRETTA - (10 km E of Ascoli Piceno) - Parish Church - Fresco of Madonna and Child, thought to be an early work by Crivelli
• SANT'ELPIDIO MARE - (15 km N of Fermo) - Palazzo Comunale - 14 panel polyptych with Coronation of the Virgin with Saints
• TORRE DI PALME - (6 km S of Porto S. Giorgio) - Church of Sant'Agostino - Triptych of Madonna and Child with Saints