Food and shopping, Bologna

Know about this? Rate It!

Eataly
    pancakes
  • Food and shopping
  • sylina's Profile Photo

Bolognese knows how to make great food

by sylina Written Feb 22, 2012

Eataly

Favorite thing: Bolognese's cuisine is famous within Italians.. I love the food I have tried.. or have seen.. :)

Fondest memory: Eataly, alti cibi.. (alti cibi means good food)

Eataly is a slow-food concept mall.. my first try was their branch in Torino.. It was a huge joint with food market, supermarket with products all food-wise.. seperate food booths with different specialties.. very chic and unique... it supports small local manufactories to promote their good quality products.. the prices are big higher than usual you will pay.. but it's nice things which you don't find easily in normal supermarket/shops...

I loved my several visits in Turin.. sadly they don't have too many branches throughout Italy.. although in Tokyo and NY they do.. not even in Roma.. hmmm... but.. I found it in Bologna.. on a side street of Piazza Maggiore.. where nice food shop can be found around it... quite a nice surprise.. It was actually a book store with a floor of Eataly.. nothing compares to the main branch in Torino (As I always think, Torinese people knows how to appreciate life!).. but still I was very happy to be there.. I bought a jar of red pepper stuffed with tuna.. was planning to bring it back to home but it looked too delicious.. I couldn't resist the temptation.. I went back before leaving to grab another one.. ;)

• anne_danella_desouza's Profile Photo

Am I in food heaven?

by anne_danella_desouza Written Sep 18, 2007

Favorite thing: Just walking around the beautiful streets and buildings, and visiting the many museums and churches, shopping at the markets.

Fondest memory: My fondest memories are walking along the many small, cobbled streets, drinking in the historic architecture, shopping at the stores, and stopping for the best machiatos in the world. The lighting in that city is special, everything looks romantic.

• Architecture
    • Museum Visits

• anne_h's Profile Photo

Food vendors...I bought some...

by anne_h Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: Food vendors...I bought some tortellini to take home, as well as a bit too much mortadella. I'm still having trouble with the weight conversions!

• oja's Profile Photo

Explore old narrow streets...

by oja Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: Explore old narrow streets around the Piazza Maggiore and spot some less usual items in their shop windows (click on the photo to see what I mean).

Instant Answers: Bologna