Milano Marittima Restaurants

How to reach Casa delle Aie
    by Trekki
  • Yummmm...... I want to have some right now :-)
    Yummmm...... I want to have some right...
    by Trekki
    My favourite café, Milano Marittima :-)

Most Recent Restaurants in Milano Marittima

• Trekki's Profile Photo

Delicious pastries in different flavours

by Trekki Updated May 18, 2008

Yummmm...... I want to have some right now :-)

If you only want to have a snack, why not try some of the very delicious local pastries? I found the ones in my photo in a bakery (Panificio Stradatoli, photo 2) at the port between Cervia and Milano Marittima and I can tell you that they were excellent!! The one on the left side was a kind of cookie-cake, half baked with chocolate and nuts. The one on the right side were grissini type of pastry, but spicy with chili peppers. And the one in the middle was a sausage, baked in a roll. At the time I took the photo I already had eaten half of my buying and the bill for all this was an incredible low 3,80 €.
    (note to self: go and look for Italian pastries back home – they taste too delicious to have them only on holidays….)

• Trekki's Profile Photo

Countless cafés ideal for people watching :)

by Trekki Updated May 18, 2008

My favourite caf��, Milano Marittima :-)

The good news for early or late season travellers is: cafes around town are open. This is another sign that the region has got back their identity and are not only feeding the tourists but the locals as well.
    My favourite café was right across the street of my hotel (thus you’ll see the photo a second time) and I was here twice to sip latte macchiato and read a book. The sun was shining – so what more could I wish for?
    (Italian) caffè is around 0,80 € per cup, latte macchiato around 1,50 €. The good news is also that this is Italy, and you get a glass of tap water along with your coffee. Not as in backward Germany where most waiters look at you as if you are an alien when you want a glass of water as well...

Again if it would be open – Casa delle Aie

Milano Marittima, Casa delle Aie

To dine here would have been a delight, but unfortunately it was closed on my second evening (the first evening I did only have a sandwich due to my late arrival). This time not because of the season but because of a sport event the employees had exactly that day.
    The house is an old farmhouse of 18th century, beautifully renovated. Well, I only saw it from the outside but given this, it must also be beautiful inside. Many old equipment is spread around the patio and garden and in summer with all the flowers in bloom and the trees with leaves it must be even more magnificent to dine here.

The house belongs to the Amici dell’Arte (friends of art) and I’ve read that they regularly held little theatre and comedy performances.

The restaurant is open daily except Wednesdays and in the month of November. Well, and when the employees have company parties or sports….
    Opening hours: 12:00 – 14:30 and 19:00 to midnight.

It is easy to get there by car or bike, just follow the road to Casa delle Farfalle and go straight at the roundabout. I have added a screenshot (photo 3), but as mentioned earlier, the traffic routing on Google Maps is no longer valid due to reconstruction. I’ve circled Casa delle Aie in dark red.

Favorite Dish: I didn't dine here, but have heard that it must be excellent. Another reason to come back :-)

• Beaches

Instant Answers: Milano Marittima

Comments

Milano Marittima Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Milano Marittima restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Milano Marittima sightseeing.

View all Milano Marittima hotels