Parma What to Pack

by mauro_pd

Most Recent What to Pack in Parma

Some like it hot

by Bunsch Written Jun 18, 2011

Miscellaneous: Although things tend to cool off at night, if you're an American and used to air conditioning which gets really COLD, you may find that it is well worth your while to bring a small battery-powered fan with you, or to purchase a slightly larger fan which has the appropriate plug for Italian current. I brought two of the former and we never did get around to buying the latter -- but we certainly would have been much more comfortable had we done so, and at minimal cost. Our A/C at the Hotel Verdi was pretty anemic and I used the personal fan until the batteries ran out.

• Women's Travel

• Bunsch's Profile Photo

Laundry facilities are hard to find

by Bunsch Written Sep 22, 2010

Miscellaneous: Given the paucity of laundromats -- I never found one -- it is probably wise to bring along a small bottle of laundry detergent (though shampoo will do in a pinch), clothes pins and laundry line. You can wash out your "smalls" each night in the sink, and periodically launder larger items when you have access to a bathtub.

• Study Abroad

• Bunsch's Profile Photo

If you're used to wash cloths, bring them

by Bunsch Written Sep 10, 2010

Miscellaneous: Our hotel in Parma included bath towels and hand towels, but not what we Americans call "wash cloths" (a small towel used to wash one's face). Luckily, my friend had brought a supply which could be left behind in each city, and I brought Olay's excellent cleansing tissues because that's what I use back in Rhode Island. But if you're younger than we are and dislike using a corner of your bath towel to wash your face, you might think about packing something you wouldn't mind discarding after your visit.

• Seniors
    • Women's Travel

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Maps and guides

by matcrazy1 Written Feb 25, 2003

GUIDES  TO  PARMA

Miscellaneous: Don't forget to buy a good map of Parma (if you are driving there) and a guide. You can do it in Parma - I found guides to Parma in a few most popular languages (including Japanese :-).

• mauro_pd's Profile Photo

Packing List

by mauro_pd Written Aug 24, 2002

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Business Travel

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: If you plan a summer visit be sure to have with you tons of 'anti-mosquitos' lotions !!!

Instant Answers: Parma

Comments

Parma What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Parma what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Parma sightseeing.