Ravenna Restaurants

The debris
    by crazyman2
  • Fratelli la Bufala’s Painted Walls, June 2010
    Fratelli la Bufala’s Painted Walls, June...
    by von.otter
    by painterdave

Most Recent Restaurants in Ravenna

• crazyman2's Profile Photo

Di Babini Federica: Ice Cream Heaven!

by crazyman2 Written Jun 29, 2012
    The debris

Ice cream to die for!

We were just on our way back to the coach when I saw this ice cream (plus bakery?) shop.
    I just wish that I had bought a larger container of that coffee flavoured ice cream. Mmm...
    4 Euros for a large tub full.

You must try it!

Favorite Dish: Ice cream!

• painterdave's Profile Photo

Il Faro: Fine Dining At the Marina

by painterdave Written Jun 4, 2012
    polpo

Opened just a few years ago, this very nice restaurant is among many others along the streets that run perpendicular to the marina. This is a very pleasant place in the evenings, far from the hustle and traffic in the center of Ravenna. It is almost like an island of peace, and I must tell you that we enjoyed the forested area that encloses the marina village.
    This restaurant features fish, of course, but you can order other Italian items.
    We saw a lot of great pizzas going to other tables.
    We walked along several streets in this area, and found this restaurant to have items a bit cheaper, while looking very nice inside.

Favorite Dish: My favorite was polpo (octopus)
    Everything we had was cooked nicely, had good taste, and brought to the table in a timely manner.
    Service was very good, and the restaurant was clean.
    Restrooms were also clean and modern
    The owner is visible and keeps things flowing in a pleasant manner.
    They have a kind of outdoor seating for smokers.
    I would like to go back if we ever visit Ravenna again.

• Architecture

• painterdave's Profile Photo

Cà de Ven: Piadina A Local Specialty

by painterdave Written Jun 4, 2012

Enoteca vini di Romagna
    Found in the very center of Ravenna, this popular enoteca provides visitors a chance to try Piadina of all types. Much like a heavy quesadilla, filled with your choice of fillings. They also have a nice wine list, but the house wine is not bad, too. We visited in the middle of the pranzo seating, and it was difficult to find a table, we had to wait 10 minutes. The atmosphere is nice, lots of wood and old antique implements are hanging on the walls, with photos to compliment.
    I went with the idea to have a piadina and then a main course, but the piadina was really filling and I skipped the second course. altogether.

Favorite Dish: The piadina was quite heavily filled with prosciutto.
    House wine for 2 persons was 4 euros each.
    Water 1.5 euros
    Grilled Vegetables 7 euros
    See photos from part of the menu below

• von.otter's Profile Photo

Fratelli la Bufala: From the Buffalo

by von.otter Updated Apr 11, 2011

Fratelli la Bufala���s Business Card, June 2010

We found this restaurant while searching for another, which was supposed to occupy the same address.

For a quick lunch, I had the most wonderful eggplant dish made with buffalo ricotta. The eggplant was perfectly cooked; the ricotta was creamy.

• Museum Visits
    • Architecture

• Bunsch's Profile Photo

Il Brigantino: Gotta try the Italian pizza!

by Bunsch Updated Nov 9, 2010

As a devotee of good pizza (see my review of New Haven's finest), I found plenty to like in Italy. Thie versions prepared at Il Brigantino were excellent representatives of the species. I wasn't overwhelmed by the ambience but I wasn't really there for fine dining.

• Work Abroad

• Bunsch's Profile Photo

Ristorante la Gardela: Local favorites, surly service

by Bunsch Updated Nov 1, 2010

Delicious zucchini blossoms (not on menu)

We did not have an auspicious entry to Ravenna. We struggled to find our hotel, and then to find the parking garage, so it was close to two o'clock before we were finally ready to settle down for lunch. We stumbled into a likely-looking trattoria around the corner from our garage. Our waiter practically slung the menus at us, and didn't make it easy for us to communicate. But he did eventually figure out that we wanted to have fried zucchini blossoms (not on the menu) and cappeletti -- which was sublime. With a carafe of the local white wine, we were replenished and ready for adventure, which took the form of S. Apolinare in Classe, about which I write elsewhere.

Later, as we trolled the guides for dining suggestions, we discovered that La Gardela was a Frommer's favorite. We actually tried to go to another restaurant, featured in TripAdvisor, but it was closed for vacation; so, despite our surly waiter, we went back to La Gardela for dinner. It was another rich meal and left me thinking that I could only take all those delicious calories once per day.

Open Friday through Wednesday, 12:00-4:30 and 7:00-10:00.

Favorite Dish: The cappeletti was so good that it almost made me weep.

• Business Travel

• MM212's Profile Photo

Locanda del Melarancio: The second lunch I never had!

by MM212 Updated Sep 28, 2010

Locanda del Melarancio

I must have spent one moment too long admiring a mosaic at San Vitale for when I arrived here for my late lunch the kitchen had just closed. My disappointment is still with me because I have heard great things about this restaurant (as an aside, I had already had a piadina at noon that day). La Locanda del Melarancio is located in a historic 16th century building right in the heart of Ravenna. Although I haven't sampled its cuisine I wanted to include a tip here to remind myself to try it if I ever returned to Ravenna. Please do try this restaurant if you are planning on visiting Ravenna and let me know if it is worth the wait.

• Luxury Travel

• MM212's Profile Photo

Ca' de Vèn: Ravenna's most beautiful restaurant

by MM212 Updated Sep 28, 2010

Housed in a beautiful 15th century palazzo, Ca' de Vèn is one of the prime locales for sampling specialities and wine from the Romagna region. It functions both as an enoteca and a full restaurant in multiple rooms with red brick walls and vaulted ceilings with stunning frescoes. Stop by for a full lunch or dinner, or a quick piadina and a glass of wine. Ca' de Vèn is located near Piazza del Popolo in the heart of historic Ravenna. I had a quick delicious piadina at Ca'de Vèn when I was in Ravenna in April 2010 around noon. It was meant as a quick snack to keep me going before a bigger late lunch!

• DSwede's Profile Photo

Spazzo Cafe: Wonderful back alley cafe

by DSwede Written Feb 1, 2006

A small cafe with room for ~30 inside and maybe ~15 outside on the patio.

The food is wonderful. Small portions, but amazing flavors and combinations. They have everything from local pastas, meats, soups, seafood, veggies, and of course wine.

Favorite Dish: I found myself going for the fish fillets more often than not.

• DSwede's Profile Photo

none in specific: Local Italian is tagliatelle

by DSwede Updated Jan 13, 2006

The local cuisine is famous for its rich variety of carefully prepared typical products. Delicious homemade pasta for example. Tagliatelle and lasagna with the classic meat sauce; the exquisitely refined cappelletti with cheese filling, cooked in capon broth. Also, since they are so close to the sea, watch out for seafood and/or calamari tagliatelle... oh, my gawd, is it good!

• Aquamantos's Profile Photo

Caffé Rekico: The most relaxed Coffee :o)

by Aquamantos Written Sep 5, 2005

Mi caff�� espresso.

This is the only coffee shop inside La Rocca park, besides coffee you can get also other drinks like soda or beer as well as chips and sandwiches.
    What I like is having the park right there.

Favorite Dish: I loved the coffee express.

• Eco-Tourism

• Aquamantos's Profile Photo

Different places in the city: PIADINA!!!!!!!!!

by Aquamantos Written Sep 3, 2005

Piadina

There are several stalls in the city where you can find this delicious typical sort of "tortilla". They are made out of wheat and....lard. You can have them in different ways, with sausage, herbs, etc.

*Pic taken from the internet*

Favorite Dish: I like them plain or with herbs.

everywhere in Romagna region: Piadina - local, traditional, amazing

by vysnaite Written Aug 3, 2005

piadina

Piadina or Piada is a traditional bread (I wouldn't call it bread, it's more like french crepes, just different taste, or a long lean pancake made of fat, water and flour) very tasty one, culinary tradition of many centuries in Romagna region. You won't find it in most of other regions outside Romagna.
    You can eat piadina only, you can it with cheeses and/or vegetables, such as spicnaci, you can even eat it with nutela! Anythig goes!
    Crescione - crescione would be a bended, closed, stuffed piadina with anything you choose.

Favorite Dish: Piadina could be brought to you in any traditinal cuisine restaurant at the begining while you are waiting for a meal as an appetitizer, in this case it will be sliced. Or you can buy it in special places as a main meal, kind of kiosks , white ones with green vertical lines, choosing it as you prefer.

• vysnaite's Profile Photo

Best Ice Cream in town! Gelateria: Ice cream, you scream! :)

by vysnaite Updated Jul 21, 2005

Gelateria, 2003

Best, best, best ice cream ever!!!

To leave Italy without trying their ice-creams would be equal to commiting a crime! :)

Ice cream is always fresh and in any taste you can only imagine. Almost in every ice cream shop you'll find a high-quality ice-cream.

Favorite Dish: But there's another thing with Granita.. it's a kind of "ice-cream" , but it's made from grated real ice and with tastes. so in this shop Granita is for sure best in town, tried them almost everywhere, but you won't find any more real and better Granita al arancia rossa (red orange) in Ravenna than in this place! "real" ice-cream is perfect here too.

Restaurant Pizzeria: La Campaza

by vysnaite Updated Aug 14, 2004

You'll find on the way comming from Mirabilandia towards Ravenna. Nice surrounding, great service. non smoking and well condicioned smoking areas. Nice small garden and children play camp outside. Prices around 10-40 euro.

Favorite Dish: well, typical italian.. One of the best white TABLE wines I've ever tasted (in this category, of course).

• Business Travel

Instant Answers: Ravenna

Comments

Ravenna Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ravenna restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ravenna sightseeing.