Know about this? Rate It!
great food & landscapes
San Leo and Gradara castle.
San Leo is a small pictoresque village, just a few kilometers outside Rimini.
Gradara castle is a castle may be 20/30 minuts far from Rimini, I know that there are excursions in summer, but you can ask to Rimini tourist information office to see how to go in low season.
- Arts and Culture
You can catch a regular bus from outside rimimni train station to San Marino. San Marino is a village on top of a mountain with 200 souvenir shops that sell weapons mainly. No wonder the Italians couldn't conquer them!!!
The small town of Villa...
The small town of Villa Verucchio is located about 10km from Rimini. There a small fine restaurant is found in the center of town called Casa Zanni. I had a wonderful meal in the gardens behind the restaurant (which are not visible from the road) - Piadini cooked over a wood fired stove, home made everything (from olive oil to wine) and fantastic pasta and sausage. They have a web site at http://www.casazanni.it/gb/home.asp (in both english and italian). Drive up to the hill top city first, walk around and look for the small ceramic mosiacs set into the stone walls of the village. Then drive down and visit casa zanni.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Rimini Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Bold Park Hotels
- Cayo Carenero Hotels
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- Tonto National Monument Hotels
- Ilha da Inhaca Hotels
- food & drink
- Belgium Off The Beaten Path
- United States of America Off The Beaten Path
- Tucson Off The Beaten Path
- Florence Off The Beaten Path
- South Lake Tahoe Off The Beaten Path
- Hualian Off The Beaten Path
- Kashgar Off The Beaten Path
- Inle Lake Off The Beaten Path
- Morro de Sao Paulo
- Columbia Off The Beaten Path