Salsomaggiore Terme Travel Guide

Salsomaggiore Terme Hotels

Salsomaggiore Terme Restaurants

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

by call_me_rhia Written Jul 26, 2010

This restaurant is 40 years old and very large, since it can host 350 people: 150 inside and the rest outside. Inside it’s all in Libery style, which I like.

Favorite Dish: Despite its name, porchetta is not the main dish served in this restaurant. Most people seem to come for pizza, which is served in big yummy slices 3 centimetres thick – but we did not have it either. We had some tortellini filled with squash and sausage instead – and they were so delicious that we ordered them twice… only to regret it when we left the restaurant because we felt so heavy.

Salsomaggiore Terme Favorites

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

by call_me_rhia Written Jul 29, 2010

Favorite thing: Salsomaggiore Terme is a small town of 20000 inhabitants located in northern Italy, 20 minutes from Piacenza 30 from Parma. became fashionable as a thermal town in the 19th century, when its waters were “discovered”. Today it is known as the town of wellness and beauty, because it’s where the annual coronation of Miss Italia takes place.

Fondest memory: Salsomaggiore, as a tourist sight, is one of its two thermal baths: the stunning Berzieri Baths. As for the rest, there’s not a lot to see: some parks and a very nice tourist office. If you walk around at night, you’ll also see some discos: walk back later in the night and you’ll notice that the average age is 70+.

Instant Answers: Salsomaggiore Terme

Comments

Salsomaggiore Terme Travel Guide
Map of Salsomaggiore Terme