What are the main features of Lignano beaches :
- they are long and large
- the sand is fine and yellow, rather clean
- the beaches are equiped with deckchairs and sun umbrellas (see tariff 2012 on the last picture)
- there is no tide and you can bath everytime
- the depth of the water is very progressive and there is no current. The safety is maximum even for kids (there are safety guards)
- the weather is generally sunny in Summer
- it rains rarely and rather during the night (in Summer).
Fondest memory: More :
Lignano is a rather cheap location because of the competition, within the city itself and with the neighbor beach of Bibione.
To rent an appartment or to choose an accomodation
To book a guided tour
To get a map (una piantina)
To know the entertainement schedule
To have info about the local attractions
Fondest memory: Located Via Latisana near the center
The end of June isn't high season, yet the sea-water looks already mudy. In one of my prevoius visites to Lignano, by the middle of July, the water I saw was terrible dirty. I cannot even imagine to swimm in it! The beach was crowded with hundreds of thousands of tourists, most of them coming from the Northern Europe.
Lignano Sabbiadoro isn't good place for those who enjoy in swimming, on the other hand, it offers a lot of amusements, especially during the night.
Lignano became one of the major touristic attractions in Veneto because of its enourmous sandbeach only. In fact, the name of Sabbiadoro (golden sand-beach) was added to the original name of the place later on when the reconstruction of the place into the touristic center became.
Fondest memory: Lignano is literaly dead place in the winter time, nobody comes here and everything is closed. Besides the hotels, bars, restaurants and apartments, there is nothing else here.