Lignano Sabbiadoro Things to Do

Be quiet I am thinking !
    The puppet show
    by GUYON
    The puppets are very mobile

Best Rated Things to Do in Lignano Sabbiadoro

Church

Lignano Sabbiadoro

The church, located in the pedestrian main avenue, is the liveliest area of town. With a modern look, it didn't "invite me in" - I tried to visit the small St Mary chapel near the sports center but couldn't do it. So the only thing that I may recommend from the main church is the sound of the bells, clearly audible at distance.

• Architecture

Beach

Lignano Sabbiadoro

I must confess that, if it wasn't dancing, I would never go to Lignano Sabbiadoro. Probably, I would never know of its existence.
    Dancing (as any other cultural or sportive activity) has its advantages, and sometimes "sends" us to unexpected places.
    Of course, before going I read a lot about Lignano planning the best program for that week, and I was afraid of the beach - the reviews were mainly negative.
    Well, that preparation was good, and the beach didn't disappoint me. Being in the middle of September meant a almost empty beach, only with the doubt of the weather, and the weather was exceptionally hot until the last day, when the rain came (blessed rain, that allowed me to visit Udine).
    The competition didn't allow us much time for the beach, but the few time that we had was...good.
    In August, if all those umbrellas are used, then it will be a real nightmare, with the dense use of the long sand stripe, but... I will not return in August (nor in any other month, unless...)

Piazza Fontana

Piazza Fontana - Lignano Sabbiadoro

Differently from the beaches in Portugal or Spain, the commercial activity is not located in the marginal avenue, but in a parallel one a few meters behind. Here and there a roundabout signal the main traffic streets, and, though the long beach has not a defined central area, we may refer to Piazza Fontana as the most central place in town. That makes it one of the most used places for public events

• Architecture

• GUYON's Profile Photo

Sunset at the Marina

by GUYON Written Jan 1, 2009

Sunset at the marina

I never saw a sunrise at Lignano because it was always too late to see it when I awoke up.

But in the evening, I like to attend the sunrise at the Marina when the sky is full of clouds which are illuminated by the rising sun.

• Seniors

• Andreja86's Profile Photo

The Beach

by Andreja86 Written Aug 12, 2010

I was really sad to discover that the beach in Lignano was really bad. It looks borring with all the systemic placed sunbeds and the water was muddy.
    It was also quiet expensive to rent two sunbeds and a parasol. I think it was about €20 for two sunbeds plus a parasol.
    It is difficult to use the beach without renting a sunbed because you have to stay outside a marked area.

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

Sand everywhere

by croisbeauty Updated Feb 26, 2006

Sandbeach of Lignano

The endless sand-beach looks depressing to me. Out of the high season it almost look like a sand, however, it has to be seen when invaded by thousands of swimmers. I was here in the beginning of august and the water was nothing but the huge mud.

Massage

Lignano Sabbiadoro

There were not many sellers in the beach, but we were surprised by a few Thai ladies offering... Thai massage. Fernanda couldn't resist (of course!), and in two successive days tried two different experts. Was it good? Sure! Which one was the best? No idea, but both tried to grant Fernanda as a regular client.

No way! The games were waiting us!

With a free occidental massage!

Laguna

Lignano Sabbiadoro

I tried to do a trip across the laguna to Grado, but couldn't do it. I thought that there were regular connections along the day, but I was wrong - there's a boat that makes one trip in the morning along the lagoon, and another one in the afternoon to Grado, And that's all. If you can't adapt to the scheduled trips, just forget it, and that's what we did, using the car to the desired visit to Grado.

If you want to do one of the trips, look for motor ship Europa in Lignano Sabbiadoro port.

Trip to the Isola delle Conchiglie and the lagoon, Monday to Saturday; from 9.30 am to 12.00 am
    Prices: Adults: € 13.00; Children: € 7,00

Trip to Grado and its lagoon, departing at 2.00 p.m. and returning at 7.00 p.m.
    Price: € 17.00 for adults, € 9.00 for children from 4 to 12 years old

Viale Venezia

Viale Venezia - Lignano Sabbiadoro

All my stay in Lignano was lived around this pedestrian street, that makes part of the commercial axis of town. Stretching from Piazza Abbazia and the church, it was the closest to our hotel, and each day (three times a day, to be honest) Fernanda counted the shops and verified that they kept selling the same things, while I slowly walked in the middle of the street until... turning back.

Piazza Abbazia

Piazza Abbazia - Lignano Sabbiadoro

We were driving from Bologna to Slovenia, when I decided to stop in Lignano and ask in the hotel to keep our dancing costumes until our return to stay, three days later. It was planned to be a 5 minutes stop, to arrive not too late at Bohinj lake.
    When we arrived, Fernanda discovered that she had forgotten the plastic bag to protect the dress and it would be dangerous to keep it in my bag - in our absence the costumes could fight, or something, so, the solution was... to buy a bag.
    Good bye five minutes!
    I gave my best, asking everybody from shop employees to three years old children WHERE MAY WE BUY A BAG?
    "Nowhere", was the general answer, but, you know... "I am" very stubborn and Fernanda decided to confirm the bad news.

And that's how I browsed all the many shops in and around Piazza Abbazia, three days before arriving in Lignano Sabbiadoro.

I found the bag in Ljubljana, as expected, and in the six days spent in Lignano the new pretext for the daily visit to the shops in and around Piazza Abbazia was... another towel.

Viale Tolmezzo

Viale Tolmezzo - Lignano Sabbiadoro

From the church to Piazza de la Fontana, the pedestrian commercial street changes its name to Tolmezzo. The same pattern, the same look, the same activity that extends from Piazza de la Fontana to Viale centrale. It was a little far from our hotel, so, I only was forced to walk it once a day.

Or twice...

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

Parasols

by croisbeauty Written Jun 28, 2005

Parasols

The colourful paraslols are the real emblem of Lignano Sabbiadoro, you can see them everywhere, not on the beach only. They looks attractive somehow but also very boring at the same time.

Lungomare

Lignano Sabbiadoro

It was a surprise the calm of this long avenue bordering the beach. The commerce is in the back, parking has severe restrictions, and September reduced the travellers. How will it be in peak time?

• Golf

• GUYON's Profile Photo

Attend the Italian Air Force demonstration (1)

by GUYON Written Jul 18, 2005

Italian Air Force

Each year, the Italian Air Force makes a presentation above the beaches (may be several times during the Summer).

• Tetreus's Profile Photo

Aquasplash !!!

by Tetreus Written Mar 6, 2006

SPLASHHHHHHH !!

A great place for kids !
    Several swimmingspools with lots of things to do.

The second picture: Look how much fun my little nephew Danick has !

Instant Answers: Lignano Sabbiadoro

Comments

Lignano Sabbiadoro Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Lignano Sabbiadoro things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lignano Sabbiadoro sightseeing.

View all Lignano Sabbiadoro hotels