Monfalcone Travel Guide

Mixed salad
  • Seafood spaghetti
    Seafood spaghetti "Allo scoglio"
    Pickled anchovies

Monfalcone Things to Do

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo
    cafe-bar

by croisbeauty Written Feb 9, 2006

I am coffee lover, especially Italian esspresso. Drinking coffee is important part of my dayily activities and I take it a lot. It doesn't metter to me which part of the day or night is, am drinking it whole day, even late in the evening, and have no sleeping problems at all.
    The reason why I stopped in Monfalcone was a coffee break. I don't take it in the first bar on my way, besides quality the ambient is also very important to me. This bar, situated right behind the cathedral, was very good choice. The ambient was very fine aswell as the esspresso.

Monfalcone Hotels

Monfalcone Restaurants

• painterdave's Profile Photo

by painterdave Written Jul 5, 2012

We were hot and tired and searching for a good trattoria when we happened upon this restaurant with a huge sign on the roof.
    The servings were ample and generous, the staff kind and happy. Surrounded by non tourists, we knew we were in the right place. They serve pizza in the afternoon, but we did not order that, we ordered fish plates.
    It was not expensive and as far as everything else.... the bathrooms were very clean, the serving area was tidy, and it was a pleasant atmosphere.
    There is a garden area, but during the day, it is too hot, so it must be used in the evening.
    Good Parking.
    See the photos.

Favorite Dish: Pasta With Many Types of Fish

• Museum Visits

• oriettaIT's Profile Photo
    Pickled anchovies 2 more images

by oriettaIT Updated Jul 1, 2012

We found this restaurant for accident, driving around in search of something to eat as, as usual, we were late for lunch after a sightseeing overload in the morning.
    We were almost resigned to stop in a bar and grab a sandwich when we drove by this place which parking lot was loaded with cars. We decided to stop right away.
    The restaurant has two big dining room indoor, during summer there is air conditioning which is nice when it is boiling hot outdoor. They also have a outdoor sitting area covered by big umbrella, but it was too hot for us to go there.
    It is a restaurant run by folks from Naples, as there are many all over Italy. They are always specialized in pizza (!!!) and seafood. Usually they are pretty good at it and this one was no surprise.
    They have a wide menu with lots of pizza, appetizer, pasta dishes and main course. The desert list was good too even if we decided, for once to skip it.
    They have English menu too if you ask.
    We ordered a big mixed fresh salad and picked anchovies as appetizers and spaghetti "Allo Scoglio" which means with shell fish, calamari and a nice tomboyish sauce.
    We ordered a large beer, a glass of white whine and a bottle of water and the bill was 48 Euros in 2012

Favorite Dish: The spaghetti allo Scoglio were perfectly done, in a huge portion and with a lot of shell fish inside. The combination of tastes were very good and the spaghetti were, well, al dente as expected.

The pictures' colors are distorted because they have some red awning to protect the windows.

• Monfalcone Hotels

4 Hotels in Monfalcone

11 Reviews and Opinions

Instant Answers: Monfalcone

Comments

Monfalcone Travel Guide
Map of Monfalcone