Pordenone Restaurants

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

Al Gallo: Cucina di mare - seafood

by croisbeauty Updated Oct 28, 2011

ristorante Al Gallo

Reataurant "Al Gallo" is situated in the heart of the city, in one of those medieval houses but interior wass recently renewed. It offers relatively small ambient with no more then 50 seats and therefore prenotation is suggested, in particularly if dinner during weekends.

Favorite Dish: The doorway of the restaurant is so attractive and I decided to have lunch right here, in particilarly because it is seafood reastaurant. I took "calamari ai ferri con polenta", it is grilled squid fish with corn-mush, and it was delicious. As for drink my choice was large glass of white wine, Pinot Grigio from Friuli. "Al gallo" isn't touristy restaurant and the lunch is more expensive then average. As a matter of fact, complete lunch, first, second and third dish plus wine cost around 45 euros.
    This restaurant offers very good list of wines, mostly from Friuli and Veneto. The price list is from 18 up to 30 euros.

• Classic73's Profile Photo

Trattoria Al Faro: Great local food and great view!

by Classic73 Updated Jun 22, 2010

Visiting Pordenone on business, our hosts brought us up into the foothills of the Dolomites to this family-run gem to try some local specialities, and as usual, the locals know which restaurants serve the good stuff! The closeness of Austria is evident, as this place, located just outside the village of Mezzomonte, feels more like an alpine hut than a traditional Italian restaurant.

Our host was given free reigns in ordering the food, and we shared some delicious plates of sausages and ham accompanied by an unusual thin, crispy foccacia with pickled vegetables. Next we were served various dishes; a sort of ragout with deer and a similar stew with wild boar (both delicious!) as well as a plate of local sausage, fried in butter after which milk is added, and served with polenta - unusual but very tasty! Also, very un-Italian, beer was served with the entire meal - apparently they have a local brewery that makes ecological beer, and of high quality I might add; akin to fruity Belgian brews but not quite as strong.

I only had a quick look at the menu, but I did notice that the average price of a main course was 9 euros, which is ridiculously cheap for such tasty food, especially compared to what you pay for average (or below average!) food in Venice...

To top off the great culinary experience, the restaurant sits on a hillside some 600 meters above the surrounding land, giving you a stunning view of the Friuli plains! The food and view is well worth the drive!

Favorite Dish: The sausage with fennel seeds was marvelous, but the milk-fried sausage was the most memorable...

• Classic73's Profile Photo

Trattoria Al Lido: World class seafood at ridiculous prices!

by Classic73 Written Jun 22, 2010

I visited Pordenone on business, and was brought to this restaurant by our Italian hosts for an evening meal. As always, trust the locals to know where the best food is to be had! This restaurant is fairly new, and run by a group of young people keen to show off their skills (or so I was told). And boy, do they have some skills!

Their speciality is seafood, and thus (under the keen guidance of our Italian host) we indulged in a large plate of various mussels and clams marinated in a tomato/garlic sauce - yum! After that we tried their mixed seafood salad, with more kinds of fish than I remember; squid, octopus, mussels, clams, pike, smoked tuna etc. etc as well as small pieces of toasted bread mixed in with the fish. Again, the fish had been marinated, this time in a light, lemony sauce - yum again! Finally we were served half a lobster topped off with thin tagliatelle in tomato sauce with stirfried lobster meat mixed in - exquisite!

The day after, I had some spare time and decided to go back to the restaurant to check out the prices. Suffice it to say that the lobster cost a measly 13 euro! They also had a menu of the day, with a choice between 3-4 first courses, 2-3 main courses and 2-3 desserts as well as a glass of water and a glass of wine included for just 10,50 euro... Ridiculous!!!!!!!

Here's another review I've found:

Favorite Dish: Everything was fantastically fresh and tasty, but the lobster takes first place!

Instant Answers: Pordenone

Comments

Pordenone Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Pordenone restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pordenone sightseeing.