Palazzo Gia dei Capitani
Palazzo dei Capitani with its interesting facade is facing Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, situated almost at its end. It is 15th century construction built on a site of an previous very interesting palace which was demolished and disappeared from the spot. The building is beautifully decorated by paintings and coats of arms which showing that in the past Pordenone belonged to the Austrian-Hungarian empire. It name indicates that building served to the military purposes.
Corso Vittorio Emanuele II
Corso Vittorio Emanuelle II is the real heart of Pordenone, its old core where the most major sites could be seen. It is also the main city promenade, street where most of the cafe-bars and restaurants could be found and finally, it is the commercial heart of this small town.
Palazzo Ricchieri, situated right opposite to the Palazzo Comunale, is certainly one of the most beautiful medieval buildings in the town of Pordenone. It is one of the oldest buildings in the town built in the 12th century. Originally, the palace was much smaller building, built as a home with defending tower, as it was usual construction of the medieval palaces.Today this palace is home of Museo Civico d'Arte (the Civic Museum of Art) where one can see interesting paintings of Giovanni Antonio de' Sacchi, better known as Il Pordenone, the most important painter from the area of Friuli.
The museum is closed on Monday.
Loggia del Municipio
Palazzo Comunale, also known as Loggia del Municipio, is very original building built in Gothic style in between 1291 to 1395. Actually, the ground floor has three Gothic arches, while the loggia, the clock tower and the pinacles were added later on in the 16th century. The palace is situated at the and of Corso Vittotio Emanuele, overlooking with one side to Piazza San Marco and the cathedral. Nowadays it is the seat of the Town Council.
Chiesa della Santissima Trinita
The 16th century church of Santissima Trinita is situated outside the old core of the town, just about hundred meters away from Piazza San Marco across the bridge of the river Noncello. This eight-sided massive building, designed by Ippolito Marone, was completely built with bricks. The inner area is decorated with some precious frescoes painted by Calderari and some other less known painters in 1450.
Duomo di San Marco
Beautiful Romanesque-Gothic styled San Marco cathedral was built from late 14th to the first half of 15th century. It was then than reconstructed several times and completely remodelled in the 18th century by the architect Domenico Rossi.
The elegant campanile, 72 meters high, was built between 1291 and 1347 up to the bell cell, while the spire was added in the 16th century.
The cathedral preserve highly valuable and famous painting "Madonna della Misericordia", work of Giovanni de' Sacchis (1484-1539), better known as Il Pordenone.