Know about this? Rate It!
The castle of Miramare.
This castle was built between 1856 and 1860 by orders of Maximilian of the House of Habsburg (1832-1867). He was Franz Joseph's (emperator of Austria) youngest brother. From 1931 to 1937 the castle was inhabited by duke Amedeo d'Aosta.
Inside you can see the apartments where Maximilian and his wife Carlotte lived for a short period, the guests rooms and the throne room. All rooms have original furniture.
The castle is surrounded by a huge park with ponds, statues and some buildings as the stables and the so called Castelletto. Maximilian and Charlotte lived there while the castle was being constructed.
The castle is situated some five km from Trieste. You can go there by bus.
- Castles and Palaces
- Historical Travel
- Museum Visits
The City of Science
In the park that surround the Miramare's Castle is possible to try scubadiving bare foot and without getting wet....how?There is another building in the park, called "Castelletto"in which is held the new Natural Marine Reserve.Here all visitors, make this exploration barefoot. So you can see and touch all marine habitats that characterize the region around the Castle.
Unfortunately the visit is very short, because the place is small (there are only 4 rooms).
The address is :Riserva naturale marina di Miramare Viale Miramare, 349-34014 Trieste
Timetable for visits: all days 9.30; 11.30; 14.30; 16.30.
The price should be 5,00Euros for adults(I knoew the price in italian lire) and 4,00 Euros for youngs younger than 18 years old.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Trieste Travel Guide
Explore the World
- West Virginia Off The Beaten Path
- Nicaragua Off The Beaten Path
- Pacific Grove Off The Beaten Path
- Jekyll Island Off The Beaten Path
- Newtown Castle
- Malta Off The Beaten Path
- Trapani Off The Beaten Path
- Sóller Off The Beaten Path
- Alicante Off The Beaten Path
- National Parks
- Alcântara Off The Beaten Path
- Duluth Off The Beaten Path