Know about this? Rate It!
Villa Revoltella is a park located on the city's outskirts. On its grounds there is a beautiful chapel; built around 1860 and a beautiful chalet. It was the summer residence of Baron Revoltella (XIX century).
You can go to Villa Revoltella by bus from the city centre (n. 25 or 26). The entrance to the park is in via de Marchesetti.
- Theme Park Trips
Villa Revoltella and its Gardens
Original chalet in the XIX* century summer residence of Baron Revoltella.
A typical elegant town villa with park, stables, private chapel, chaplain's house, school-oratory and porter's lodge. It was constructed on the hill, known as 'Jaeger/il Cacciatore', and was the residence of Baron Revoltella, who had seen to the planting of conifers and shrubs around the residential part and the construction of terraces and a greenhouse. The villa was based on an alpine chalet model, but using masonry and iron, with two floors, and an elegant open loggia and stairway with a view looking out on to the sea. The design was the work of Federico Hitzig, the same that designed Revoltella's baronial town residence. In front of the villa there stands a fountain and four statues representing the four seasons; other pleasant corners of the park are characterized by statues, a 'gloriette', artificial caves and fountains. In the park stands the baronial chapel, the work of the Prague born architect Josef Kranner, consecrated in 1867 and accessible also from the road. The church, in neoromantic-neogothic style, was built with a richness of marble and decorative elements
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!
Trieste Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Whitby Hotels
- Santorini Island
- Kathmandu Hotels
- Amlan Hotels
- Sevana Lich Hotels
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path