Formia Favorites

• The Mediterranean from Redentore, Formia.
    The Mediterranean from Redentore,...
    by unravelau
    Snap of Formia from bus stop park.
    The Mola and Mt. Redentore

Most Recent Favorites in Formia

• unravelau's Profile Photo

You've heard of Vittorio Emanuel 11?

by unravelau Updated Mar 8, 2003

Vittorio Emanuel 11, Formia, Lazio.

Favorite thing: The wonderful monument to V Emanuel 11 which takes up so much space in Rome? Well, in Formia, there is a monument to Vittorio Emanuel the first (so I was told)..........was this his Dad?.................... Not anywhere near as grand a monument although it appears to be the only monument in this park in Formia. I did try to find out more about it and gingerly asked a couple of men sitting next to it, about his history (the monument's that is). One replied in French.............whoops!...........then went for the Italian..................just as hard for me................so in halting English (talented man)....... he started telling me about the graffiti on it..................uh! So if anyone out there knows about it please feel free to let us know.

Giuseppe has just mailed me that Vittorio Emanuelle the first is not the father of Vittorio Emanuelle the second.

Just found this link with a little history.
    members.rogers.com/jacobites/kings/victor.htm

Fondest memory: I loved this little park and I used to sit here a lot waiting for my bus connection.

• Adventure Travel

Returning the favour.

by unravelau Written Mar 5, 2003

The Mediterranean from Redentore, Formia.

Favorite thing: Previous photo looking toward Mount Redentore from Formia..........this one from Mt. Redentore looking toward Naples.

Fondest memory: There is stacks of history to be had here...........not only beautiful scenery. Formia is a town right on the Appian Way.

• Adventure Travel
    • Hiking and Walking

• unravelau's Profile Photo

From the same park..........a view of Formia

by unravelau Written Mar 5, 2003

Snap of Formia from bus stop park.

Favorite thing: It would be hard for me to put my finger on the one thing that makes Formia interesting to me, because I enjoyed it all.

I really liked that as a stranger, I was treated as a member of their community and was therefore allowed to blend into the background.................which is not bad........i.e. the mountains with the view of the Mediterranean.

Fondest memory: It feels like home and therefore must be my second home.

• Archeology
    • Hiking and Walking

Instant Answers: Formia

Comments

Formia Favorites

Reviews and photos of Formia favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Formia sightseeing.