Gaeta Sports & Outdoors

This part of the Gulf is off Vendicio
    by unravelau
  • A little bay within the Gulf of Gaeta at Gaeta.
    A little bay within the Gulf of Gaeta at...
    by unravelau
  • This part of the Bay is still classed as Gaeta.
    This part of the Bay is still classed as...

Best Rated Sports & Outdoors in Gaeta

• unravelau's Profile Photo

Leisure and pleasure on the water

by unravelau Written Mar 7, 2007

It never ceased to amaze me the sizes of sea going craft, the number and type of cruising that could be done on the Gulf of Gaeta. People moored their huge pleasure craft and tinyist canoe or row boat at this bay just around from the peak of the peninsular.

It reminded me very much of the marina in Coffs Harbour back in Australia. Maybe this is part of the reason why I always felt at home in Italy. It definitely wasn't a familiarity with the language that afforded me the level of homliness.

Equipment: I didn't find out about boat hiring but I would be surprised if you couldn't hire some kind of water craft.

A little bay within the Gulf of Gaeta at Gaeta. You get a good view of boats from Mt Orlando This part of the Bay is still classed as Gaeta. Looking down on Marina from S Francesco This part of the Gulf is off Vendicio
    • Windsurfing
    • Study Abroad

• Gajeta climbing

by seeu Updated Sep 29, 2009

I was staying at the Gajeta Residence for an extended work period and I joined a special climbing event that a sport club was giving to try rock climbing. I never had the courage to try this sport in the past, but I was attracted by the fact that no experience was required and the equipment was supplied by the association. I thought that this was a good chance to try and also see areas of the city that otherwise I wouldn't know how to reach. Well, it was unbelievable! We went climbing directly from the beach!. It was a spectacularly warm October day. Everyone was also starting out like me. The instructor was very efficient and patient in explaining the main rules for safety and helped in giving advice on how to proceed up the rocks.

Equipment: The gear was supplied by the sport association. I brought a duffle bag, with water, a jacket, bathing suit and sun screen. We bought a sandwich with buffalo mozzarella cheese from the hut/bar on the beach.

• Horse Riding
    • Hiking and Walking
    • Mountain Climbing

Instant Answers: Gaeta

Comments

Gaeta Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Gaeta sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Gaeta sightseeing.