Lago di Bolsena Favorites

Damn, left my bathers at home
  • Favorites
    Not a lot of bounce on this court

Most Recent Favorites in Lago di Bolsena

Through the looking glass

by iandsmith Written Apr 22, 2004

Is this a picture window?

Fondest memory: Gazing out a winter window to the snow-covered boughs is a real novelty for me and I would spend minutes just marvelling at the view. At times I thought how odd it must seem to those accustomed to cold climates whereas I was in my late thirties before I ever saw snow.
    Thus it was that the cyclamens sitting on the window sill provided a colourful foreground to this classic winter scene.

• Luxury Travel

Those terracotta roofs again

by iandsmith Written Apr 22, 2004

Somebody shrank our dome!

Favorite thing: Let's face it, wandering around the back streets of Italian towns is the reason half the tourists go there.
    I couldn't help but contemplate that, just a few kilometers down the road was the second largest church dome in Italy and yet here in Bolsena must be a candidate for the smallest. Cute, isn't it.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Religious Travel

The castello

Prominent position

Fondest memory: Coming down the hill into Bolsena, you can't avoid seeing the castle on its prominent position overlooking the lake.
    As castles go it's only average but, if you love castles as I do, you have to pull up and have a look. Unfortunately, it was undergoing some restoration work while I was there and was closed.

• Castles and Palaces

• iandsmith's Profile Photo

Not good weather for boating, or tennis, or swim..

by iandsmith Updated Apr 22, 2004

There's a car here somewhere

Favorite thing: Ah yes, the downside of snowstorms is that you have to get the stuff off your car. I actually limit myself to the windsreen as I get some perverse satisfaction of waiting for clods of the white stuff to be torn by the wind off one's car while travelling along.
    When your normal life back home has only seen salt spray on the windows, it makes for an exciting change.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beaches

Scenery

by iandsmith Written Apr 18, 2004

Last rays

Favorite thing: I wouldn't say the scenery was spectacular in the Amalfi Coast mode, but it certainly was very relaxing and pleasant and life among the olive groves and vineyards is appealing to me.
    This particular shot was taken in the afternoon as the last rays flashed between a gap in the clouds that ended up bringing snow, yet again, that night to lago land.

• Sailing and Boating

Love those terracotta roofs

by iandsmith Written Apr 22, 2004

Fondest memory: I only pulled up to take a snap of the castle at Bolsena but, while wandering around, as is my habit, I noticed these delightful little chimneys poking up next to a small church.

• Religious Travel

Anyone for tennis?

Not a lot of bounce on this court

Fondest memory: Hang on, I'll just be a couple of minutes. Get this court rolled and I'll be right with you. Whose serve is it?

Instant Answers: Lago di Bolsena

Comments

Lago di Bolsena Favorites

Reviews and photos of Lago di Bolsena favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lago di Bolsena sightseeing.

View all Lago di Bolsena hotels