Ice Cream, Snacks and Beverages, Rome

Know about this? Rate It!

Colosseum
    by monica71
  • Big-Damian's Profile Photo

Big-Damian's General Tip

by Big-Damian Written Aug 25, 2002

Fondest memory: Has to be all the famous sites in Rome. Plus at night, get with some friends and do the bar crawl. There about 100 bars all near each other. I think there were, I lost count. But from what I remember, I had a blast. And I will do it again.

• anne_h's Profile Photo

Mangia!

by anne_h Written Aug 25, 2002

Fondest memory: My boyfriend and I love to try all the unusual (for Americans) items. After reading about pasta pagliata--the intestines of a calf with the mother's milk congealed inside--I knew I had to try it. It's delicious. I think I had this at a restaurant in the Jewish ghetto section.

Another time my boyfriend got an unusual meal, but it wasn't on purpose. We stopped at a small restaurant in the country somewhere. The menu listed meats like 'lamb,' 'chicken,' etc. but without much description. My boyfriend (Mike) wanted lamb, so I ordered it for him. Then the waitress launched into a long description that my Italian was not up to at that time. She said the words 'fritto' and 'carciofi,' so I thought it was lamb somehow fried with artichokes. 'Si, si,' I said. Then she spoke more slowly, apparently describing it again. Confused, I again said, 'Si, si.' She gave me a weird look and said 'va bene,' and walked away. Of course, Mike ended up with some sort of organ meat--we think it might have been a heart. Actually, it wasn't too bad--it just wasn't what we wanted.

• jennifer99's Profile Photo

walk aimlessly around just to...

by jennifer99 Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: walk aimlessly around just to take in the long history of this city. the ruins, the villas.

Fondest memory: Looking around for food that was not pasta, fish - but mcdonalds, after a long trip- I wanted real food- so we saw the M and made a dash for it only to discover we followed the wrong M - this was for Metro or transit. No worries, we saw the other M- and in no time I was eating like someone who hasn't eaten in a long time. Nothing against the food, but enough is enough...

• Patricialuv's Profile Photo

At night, you'll find many...

by Patricialuv Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: At night, you'll find many historic buildings light up (such as the Colisseum), and it is wonderful to walk by them. After a nice dinner, getting a yummy gelato from one of the many gelaterias available in rome makes the night complete!

• lars123's Profile Photo

Have a drink on a rooftop restaurant

by lars123 Written Jul 22, 2007
    Best martini's in Rome

Favorite thing: The favorite time was biking the Appian Way. It was relaxing and fun.

Fondest memory: Having martini's on the rooftop restaurant of the Minerva Hotel, watching the sunset.

• jag17's Profile Photo

Snack Wagons

by jag17 Updated Oct 12, 2004

Take A Break

Favorite thing: These colorful snack wagons are located near most of the main tourist attractions. A convenient way to grab something to drink, or a quick snack before going off to the next activity.

• Falstaff's Profile Photo

Have a coffee at La Casa del...

by Falstaff Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: Have a coffee at La Casa del Caffè, Tazza d'Oro. You can find it on a corner near the Pantheon. And don't forget to buy a kilo of their coffee to take home !

Instant Answers: Rome