Nag's Head Pub, Rome

Know about this? Rate It!

Another Newcastle Brown please!
    by american_tourister
    by Jmill42
  • american_tourister's Profile Photo

Nag's Head Pub: A wee bit o' the north

by american_tourister Updated Dec 8, 2006

Another Newcastle Brown please!

The Nag's Head is a Scottish Pub located on via Quatro Novembre just two blocks East of the Piazza Venicia. It offers a respite for English speaking persons who want plain conversation, good beer, and a homey atmosphere. The Filpina waitresses all speak fluent English and Italian. It's was a wonderful interlude to almost every day while we were there. Everyone there was friendly and loved the baby, especially when he saw a Heineken bottle and said "Beer!"

Dress Code: Suits to shorts, all are welcome.

• Jmill42's Profile Photo

Nag's Head: Good Pub

by Jmill42 Written Mar 6, 2004

The Beginning of a

This was one of the bars that I went to on my pub crawl. This one I actually remember, whihc says alot. It has a small dance area, I guess the norm in Roma, and has great drinks served by good looking people. It has only a few places to sit, but with all the dancing goingon, you pretty much suck if you are sitting.

I will say that I learned a valuable Italian slang saying about how I became later on that night. The saying is either:

"Andiamo Ensieme" or more appropriately,
    "Vado Ensieme".

When you are drunk, you are like two different people. The one who got drowned under all the liquor a long time ago and the one that everyone is laughing at at this moment. When you are drunk and you pass out, my Italian friends say "I go together", or "We go together" if everyone in the whole group is drunk.

I am pretty sure that I misspelled those, but I was taught very well how to say them!

• ccmoira's Profile Photo

Nag's Head: Expensive drinks, music, and models (on t.v.)

by ccmoira Written Apr 9, 2003

Ok, I'm including this more as a piece of possible interest rather than as a suggestion.
    The Nag's Head is a bar/club off of Piazza Venezia. It is pricey at night - about eight euro at the door. You do get a "free" drink though. But all the drinks after that will cost eight euro - even beer :(
    The music is popular schlock - nothing good, but people manage to dance to it anyway. There is also something like a projector that throws images on the wall of models walking down the catwalk.
    Lots of people crowd into this place around 11:30. There are tables but you'd have to come before eight o'clock if you wanted to be sure to get one.
    The bartenders can do tricks with the glasses, which is fun to watch, but wears thin after you pay your first eight euro for a little pink drink with some fruit in it (so I'm a cheapskate, ok!).
    I did get one Italian (turns out he was a carabiniere) to buy me a beer. But then his friend wanted to get really close - no good.
    Be careful if you're a girl - don't flirt at all unless you really want a lot of attention. Guys, well, I wish you lots of luck! Unless you're hitting on an American, you probably won't be successfull here (and you won't be able to get to the Americans because of the thick crowd of Italian men).

Dress Code: Depends on who and how much you want to impress.

• School Holidays
    • Work Abroad
    • Study Abroad

• Fen's Profile Photo

Nag's Head pub

by Fen Written Jul 23, 2007

We stumbled across this bar while walking around and taking in the sights. Why is it so hard to friend Bars and pubs in Rome...?

Instant Answers: Rome