Al Bric, Rome

Via del Pellegrino, 51-52 06.6879533

Al Bric
    by MM212
  • MM212's Profile Photo

Al Bric: Tempio del Vino!

by MM212 Updated Apr 14, 2009

Al Bric

A stone's throw away from Campo de' Fiori, this charming looking restaurant calls itself a "temple of wine". Not undeservedly as it boasts an excellent collection of wines, both from France and from Italy, that go nicely with its well executed menu of traditional and contemporary Italian cuisine. Al Bric seems to have received plenty of great press, but I stumbled upon it by chance at lunchtime while walking away from Campo de' Fiori, having never heard of it. The cosy look and delicious smell emanating from its kitchen led me in and it was no disappointment! The restaurant offers wine and cheese tastings every evening just before dinnertime.

• sikorka's Profile Photo

Al Bric - osteria - enoteca: If you like wine and cheese...

by sikorka Updated Dec 21, 2006

I've noticed this place because of a great selection of cheese you can see in a window, and this is what attracted us to choose this place for my last birthday dinner. WOW!!! It's great evening. After entering the first thing which I've noticed or rather smelled was a beautiful aroma of cheese and later on I've seen the great selection of wine. The list of wine is enormous, looks like a big, old book in leather cover. Al Bric offers you not only good food, but also very good service. It's not one of this fancy restaurant, with a snobby waiter. This place looks very casual, but the waiter is a master of his work. He knows all about wine and he will tell you the order you should taste different cheese.

Favorite Dish: Favorite Dish: The menu is Italian, only a bit more sophisticated. So, you will be able to choose a nice aperitif as "polenta with some chilly sauce" or bruschetta, for the first dish you can take pasta(very small portion), but we skipped it and we ordered the second directly. I have chosen " salciccie con i broccoli" - sausage con broccoli and Giovanni ordered "tagliata" - steak. At the end we tryed a plate with different cheese which were the best ever together with a wine.
    The prices are regular about 12Euro per dish, what makes a bill higher is a bottle of wine - 45E (pricey but definitely worth it:)
    I'd loved the fact that the menu they gave to me didn't have prices. First I was surprised but after I discovered that only menus for boys had prices. It's really nice idea.
    We had very nice evening, we left the osteria Al Bric happy and full, but not overeaten.

• Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Rome

Comments

Hotels Near Al Bric
4.0 out of 5 stars