Ciccia Bomba, Rome

• vichatherly's Profile Photo

Ciccia Bomba: Excellent spot for dinner, reasonable prices

by vichatherly Updated Apr 4, 2011

Rome Buildings

A lovely restaurant with a taste of real local Roman flavour. We had a much better meal here and felt more at home with the locals than any of the restaurants that we saw in the nearby Piazza Navona, which tend to be more touristy and pricey!

I would certainly go again, given the chance.

Favorite Dish: I had the tripe, which was a bit of an experiment. It turned out very nicely indeed. Excellent ricotta cream and fruit for desert.

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

CICCIA BOMBA: INTIMATE FOR VT FRIENDS

by travelgourmet Updated Jun 22, 2008

COZY CICCIA BOMBA

A small ristorante-pizzeria by Roman standards, but the waitstaff let you have the table till closing, if you want. The food is average for Rome, because the culinary skills of the top chefs in Rome make most of the smaller restaurants food seem common, but a good meal is still to be had here.

It is the chance meeting or planned meeting of friends that warms the interior of Ciccia Bomba and a good meeting place for those planning to visit Piazza Navona but don't want to pay the high prices for a meal. My wife and I met fellow VTers Ciambella, a dynamite duo of Nathalie and Charles, for a little get together of merryment and cheer.

Favorite Dish: Sorry, but to be honest, after the first glass of wine at the restaurant, after wine at my B & B with fellow Vters Ciambella, I can't recall what I dined on. I have the receipt that says we all ate something, but I don't recall what dishes I ordered. lol. As for satisfied, must have been, because we were all laughing and enjoying each others company. That made it a great experience for both my wife and me. Thanks Nathalie and Charles, and "Tony" too,as well as Dennis the Dentist, the brother-in-law of Giampiero who owns the B&B Navona Gallery Suites, where my wife Sue and I stayed while in Rome.

• Seniors

• baronedivandastad's Profile Photo

Ciccia Bomba: Cheap and solid

by baronedivandastad Written Jun 10, 2004

Wonderfully located a few steps from Piazza Navona, the place is usually quite packed by locals and tourists alike. The menu is nothing worth a bow, but it's solid and pretty local. Some good and some not so good stuff in the wine list, with a couple of excellently priced labels from Lazio. They should insist more on local wines rather than proposing the likes of Solaia. Anyway, the price was really honest, 19 euros per person with wine for a 2-course meal. Book in advance or go after 9.30 pm when tourists start leaving.

Favorite Dish: Bruschetta con lardo di colonnata. Lardo is pure pork fat, and in Colonnata (Tuscany) they make it in marble bowls, which renders it special and soft. Melts in your mouth.

Instant Answers: Rome

Comments

Hotels Near Ciccia Bomba
4.5 out of 5 stars