Della Palma Gelateria, Caffetteria, i Dolciumi, Rome

Via della Maddalena, 20-23 06. 688.06752

Della Palma Gelateria
    by DSwede
  • jhoolko's Profile Photo

Della Palma Gelateria, Caffetteria, i Dolciumi: Great "Sweets Parlor"

by jhoolko Written Apr 23, 2007

So there's gelato everywhere in Italy, and tons of them are really good. And if you're not a gelato snob or specialist, many places will satisfy your gelato craving. I am neither specialist, nor snob, I just really like anything sweet in a cone. So, though I have been told the quality of Della Palma is very good, and though it tasted very good to me, I can't really make any claims about its quality or authenticity. However, their selection of flavors is absolutely incredible. It took me at least five minutes to decide what I wanted, and there were so many other things I wish I could have tried. Flavors you never even knew existed will be found under the glass counter at Della Palma, and they will pretty much all be delicious. Ask for a taste if you can't decide! And if you've out-gelato-ed yourself, explore the rest of the "sweets parlor," as they call themselves. The shop is chock-full of every sweet little delicacy, Italian or otherwise, and there is surely something in there to satisfy any sweet tooth. There are also some great gifts. Strange as it sounds, I picked up a tiny bouquet of multi-colored flowers made of glossy jordan almonds that now rests happily on my desk. So stop in, and at least take a look around. There's something for everyone here.

Favorite Dish: Try the Bounty flavor, it's something like a Mounds bar, with chocolate, coconut, and big chunks of actual candy bar!

• Study Abroad

• DSwede's Profile Photo

Della Palma Gelateria: Large and tasty, and good prices too

by DSwede Written May 26, 2011

Della Palma Gelateria

It has probably been documented a thousand times, but Della Palma Gelateria is argualbly the best gelato that I've had. And believe me, I've had a lot!

My senses found this place, without having searched it on a map or on the internet before. The nose knows! The prices are quite reasonable, maybe some of the lowest in Rome, particularly when you account for the quality and size of the portions.

Favorite Dish: There are some ~15 types of mouse available if you prefer the whipped style mouse. But if you're a ice cream or gelato fan, there are maybe 50+ flavors to choose from.

We sampled a few and had a hard time deciding!

Instant Answers: Rome

Comments

Hotels Near Della Palma Gelateria, Caffetteria, i Dolciumi
5.0 out of 5 stars