Dino and Tony's Hostaria and Pizzeria, Rome

5 out of 5 stars 4 Reviews

Via Leone IV 60 06 39733284

• Dino and Tony's Hostaria and Pizzeria
    by KavitaT
  • My wife with Amadeus and Dino or was it Tony?
    My wife with Amadeus and Dino or was it...
    by GuitarStan
  • Dino and Tony's Hostaria and Pizzeria
    by Rhondaj
  • Rhondaj's Profile Photo

Dino & Tony: A Fun dining experience

by Rhondaj Updated Aug 21, 2006

This place was recommended here on VT by several members. Since we were staying right by we had to try it. Glad we did! It is definitely a must if you're in the area. We let Dino (or was it Tony) take control. (did we have a choice?) This dining experience was more like an event. This guy sings, bangs around pots and pans, banters with his help, regulars and tourists. We were quite entertained by the whole thing. There are a few small tables outside, but opt for inside.

Favorite Dish: rigatoni in this unbelievably delicious (spicy) sauce (this was our second course I think)
    for dessert we were presented with about 5-6 different plates and managed to eat most of it!
    At the end of your dinner, you will get a delicious, complimentary limoncello. You'll manage to fit it in... :-)

• Dino and Tony's Hostoria and Pizria: An absolute must in Rome

by cheriekacmarcik Written Jun 9, 2010

This place has to be on everyone's "must do" list if visiting Rome. If you think you'll get a menu, you're mistaken. Dino and Tony greet you, seat you and other than asking for your choice of drink, it is THEIR night to serve you. The food is a continuous flow of appetizers, pasta dishes, pizza and just about anything else they're cooking up the night you join them. Everything was absolutely wonderful. You eat what they serve you. It is a truly different dining experience and one you should not pass buy. Don't expect a menu and don't expect high prices, but do expect to be entertained, and fed the best food in Rome.

• GuitarStan's Profile Photo

Dino and Tony's Hostaria and Pizzeria: Dino and Tony's- An entertaining night out!

by GuitarStan Updated Apr 8, 2007

My wife with Amadeus and Dino or was it Tony?

You just must try this place out, mandatory if visiting Rome! A genuine Italian family restaurant but, with a twist. The waiter (Amadeus) and owners Dino and Tony will treat you like family and you will not leave hungry! You walk in the door and Amadeus will practically grab you and sit you very quickly, providing their is room. He will insist on a antipasti and you are suddenly swept into an evening you won't forget. They will bring about 3 types of pasta appetizers along with other small creations from the kitchen. One was a green olive which was stuffed with some type of sausage, breaded and then deep fried. They just keep bringing you great food from their kitchen, all of which is very good and you never see a menu, at least we didn't! They insist on a dessert and an after dinner appertif. I guarantee you will be very full and also entertained! It is quite amusing to look at the other patrons faces while you are enjoying your dinner. Your bill is scribbled on a small piece of paper. I didn't have the correct change so Dino, or was it Tony, went to his coat pocket and pulled out some euro, I believe they have no cash register. This place is not cheap, but it was the best 50 euro I ever payed for a meal, either in Rome or home! This place is a lot of fun, so if your looking for a great meal with a twist, you must give it a try. This place should be called Personality Plus. They have a great passion for what they are doing!

Favorite Dish: Everything was excellent, they want you to try the house wine, my wife did but, I preferred a Italian beer and that's OK with them.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Museum Visits

• Dino and Tony's: Simply Amazing!

by KavitaT Written May 5, 2009

The entire experience at Dino and Tony's was sublime! This was the best night that we spent in Italy. We walked into the restaurant which was packed, and were seated promptly. They didn't actually give us a menu- rather Dino or Tony themselves arrived to welcome us, converse and choose dishes especially for us!

The food was delicious, the wine was ever-flowing, and you really cannot beat the atmosphere!

Which was a great experience- since we didn't speak Italian!

It was a fun, vibrant and amazing place... full of joy and the quintessential Italian experience! An absolute must!

I will definitely go back to Rome (beautiful city), and I'm looking forward to my next visit to Dino and Tony's!

Favorite Dish: Loved the Pizza at the beginning, the variety of appetizers and desserts, and the dolce vino at the end of the night- was amazing.

Instant Answers: Rome

Comments

Hotels Near Dino and Tony's Hostaria and Pizzeria
3.0 out of 5 stars