Been here? Rate It!
Evangelista’s: A Local Treat
Dinner at Evangelista’s should include the house specialty, carciofi al mattone (see photo #1).
This crepe-like dish is made by frying the fully opened artichoke under two hot bricks, mattone.
Another outstanding choice here is vignarola (see photo #2), a Roman spring vegetable dish made from fresh fava beans, artichokes and peas.
We eat outside; the street was quiet and the tables are well-protected from passers-by, of which there were few, with a row of planters filled with bamboo.
This is truly a local spot; we were the only Americans in the place.
This restaurant is only open for dinner.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Rome Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Coonoor Hotels
- Jones Beach State Park Hotels
- Delisle Hotels
- Roseville Hotels
- Mactan Island