Flann O'Brien Irish Pub, Rome

by WheninRome

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

Flann O’brien: irish pub

by mindcrime Written Mar 20, 2011

We visited this Irish pub because we wanted to drink a beer one afternoon that we were walking near Republique square.

They have split the area in 2 rooms so they people that want to eat to sit separately so we just grabbed 2 high stools and enjoyed our beers at the noisy part while there is another area with more “restaurant” feeling.

The pub opened in 1994 and has the name of the famous irish writer Flann O’Brien. The decoration is nice, a lot of wood and comfortable couches.

They are huge posters with the special menu of the day but as I said we tried a pint of beer (6euro) and a cappuccino (3euro) although I saw that they offer a lot of cocktails and several wines.

I had the feeling that there were no locals inside and that’s always a bad sign. The filth restrooms didn’t help much too.

Flann O���brien irish pub

• WheninRome's Profile Photo

Flann O'Brien Irish Pub: A Little Comfort Food

by WheninRome Written Feb 10, 2009

One day near Termini Train Station, we were in the mood for some comfort food. My wife wanted a salad with greens and I, ashamed to admit it, felt like having a burger. So, we swallowed our VT pride and went into this Irish Pub.

It was a decent lunch, not great, but not bad. My wife got her salad and I my burger and fries, and we were off to see more of Rome.

If your kids are having trouble eating or are anxious for a taste of home, this is a decent place with decent prices.

Favorite Dish: Irish/American pub fare.

Instant Answers: Rome

Comments

Hotels Near Flann O'Brien Irish Pub
4.5 out of 5 stars