Gelateria Old Bridge, Rome

Via dei Bastioni

• Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo

Old Bridge: GREAT HUGE ice creams!!

by Laura_Mexico Updated Sep 28, 2011

My local friends took me to this place since my very first days in Rome as they said it was one of the best places to eat ice cream..... and I agree with them!! It's been on business for several years now, and I was glad to find out it's still there, so of course I stopped by (twice!) to buy a big cone during my last visit in 2011.

It's located only a few blocks away from St. Peter's basilica, on your way to the Vatican museums -- going round the Vatican City walls. It's easy to find as it's almost on a corner (next to Piazza del Risorgimento) and you will see a lot of people with ice cream cones around. There are some times when it's crowded (you can also recognize it because of this, it's a tiny place so people gather outside even late at night) and you have to wait in line for a while, but they are pretty fast so you won't have to wait too long, and it's worth it.

They have several different flavors, the cones are pretty inexpensive and HUGE (1.50 EUR for a 2 scoop cone -- this is the smallest one but it's BIG!), and you can ask to have some whipped cream put on top of them..... I REALLY recommend this place, and plus it's open till midnight or later, so you can go have a great ice cream almost anytime you want!!

Favorite Dish: Zabaione and Creme Caramel ice creams..... And now I also tried Amarena (cherry) and yogurt with red fruits.... of course with whipped cream on top...... they were GREAT!!!! My hubby loved the Crema (french vanilla) flavor.

• Study Abroad

Instant Answers: Rome

Comments

Hotels Near Gelateria Old Bridge
4.5 out of 5 stars