Girarrosto Toscano, Rome

by MaureenVT
  • MaureenVT's Profile Photo

Girarrosto Toscano: A Real European Meal

by MaureenVT Updated Aug 28, 2007

As we had arrived late in Rome at the Wesin Excelsior Hotel, we proceeded to ask the concierge a reccommendation as to where to sit down and have a great meal, as it was our only night there. They then reccommended Toscano. The ambience is very traditional for Rome, and the staff was welcoming. We were seated at a very romantic table, and the waiters were very attentive.

Favorite Dish: My boyfriend insisted that on our only night in Rome...we had to do this the "right way," which was to order every course...meaning an appetizer, a pasta dish, a meat dish, as well as dessert (I hear this is the common way). We enjoyed various dishes, all of which were phenomenal, ranging from gnocchi, pasta bolognese, an selection of phenomenal dried meats as an appetizer, and more. The steak was out of this world, in addition to the whole fresh fish I had ordered, capped of with some great wine.

The highlight of the meal was the gelato, which my boyfriend and I became experts at judging come the end of the trip. The gelato here at Toscano was the real deal (choclate and pistacio) ...and better than anywhere else we had had it in Europe.

We had an absolutley wonderful experience at Toscano, and I highly reccommend it to anyone staying in the area. Afterward we were able to easily walk to the Spanish Steps and continue to enjoy the sites of the city.

• Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Rome

Comments

Hotels Near Girarrosto Toscano
4.5 out of 5 stars