Hard Rock Cafe, Rome

• tvor's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Hard Rock Cafe rocks

by tvor Written Nov 14, 2012

We decided to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe in Rome one evening. The Hard Rock cafes are fairly standard world wide. It's an American food menu and drinks with lots of music memorabilia decorating the walls. The food is plentiful and good and the wait staff is usually pretty upbead.

The HRC Rome has a nice feature, a painted ceiling in the main bar/restaurant area. The music is prominent but not quite too loud to carry on a conversation. We had a shared starter, southwest style spring rolls and they were quite tasty. I chose from something healthy and had salmon while my partner had a burger and we were both really happy with the results. It was all cooked to perfection.

Our server was great! He even took requests for music since we felt it wasn't "hard rock" enough and the person in charge of the music played what we asked for and came over later to see if we wanted anything else.

As i said, the food was very good and the prices, while not cheap, were not as expensive as I expected but then HRC isn't a cheap place and you're buying the name as much as the food. You get plenty and could share many of the items on the menu.

There's a dining area in the front where the bar is and there's a dining room in the back area as well. There is of course the shop where you can buy your Hard Rock souvenirs. which are expensive.

It's easy to find. From the Barberini Metro, head up Via Vittorio Veneto and it's just a block or two up that street.

• GuitarStan's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Need An American Meal?

by GuitarStan Written Nov 17, 2006

We spent 2 weeks in Italy and did not have a bad meal. If one is from the US and is longing for a hamburger and fries then go to the Hard Rock Cafe while in Rome. We stumbled upon it on our exploration of The Eternal City. We wondered while waiting if it would be like an American meal...and yes it was. So if you must, the Hard Rock Cafe will meet your need. The location as I remember it, is in the Northeast quandrant of Rome close to The Cappuchin Crypt.

• Hiking and Walking

• monorailgold's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Suffering a little culture shock?

by monorailgold Updated Jul 20, 2006

her favorite

If you travel to Rome and find yourself or a travel partner suffering from a little culture shock, one way to get over it is to visit the Hard Rock Cafe. This restaurant is located on the Via Veneto. This is the same restaurant that you would find in the U.S. The same food, same music and it has American waiters and waitresses. It's a great place to go to get a burger and fries, soda and a milkshake. This is my go to place when I travel with anyone who has never really traveled before. It's a great way for them to get over some of the culture shock they might be experiencing. It gives them time to unwind in a more familiar setting. It makes being in a different country not so different anymore. My friends say just knowing it's there is reassuring for them.
    This Hard Rock also has the usual gift shop. I was able to purchase really nice shirts that had the logo and Rome written on them. They also have the usual shot glasses, keychains, pins and such. I usually look for things that specifically say Hard Rock Rome. On the outside of the building is the Hard Rock Rome sign. It's a nice picture that everyone will recognize.
    So if you find yourself or your friends suffering from some serious culture shock, go to the Hard Rock. It's just like being in the States again. Let them have an hour or so in an atmosphere where they will be at home and comfortable.

Favorite Dish: One of the best memories I have of this Hard Rock is: I had taken my sister and my 10 year old daughter to Rome. They were both really suffering from severe culture shock, i.e. they both wanted to go back to the hotel early every day, they didnt want to leave the hotel before noon everyday..... So I took them to the Hard Rock. While we were waiting for our food, the music from Waynes World came on, specifically Bohemian Rapsody. The restaurant was a little more than halfway full and when the song got to the musical part, everyone in the place started head banging just like in the movie (which was playing on the t.v. monitors all over the restaurant). My daughter was just looking at everyone with complete incomprehension written on her face because she has never seen Waynes world. At that point everyone noticed what everyone else was doing and the whole restaurant started laughing. It was great, like an inside joke shared with everyone.
    It helped my sister relax and enjoy the rest of her stay in Rome, knowing the restaurant was there and also that so many others were in the same position: in a foreign country and being uneasy about it.. It wasn't just her.

• School Holidays

• slabeaume's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Hard Rock Cafe

by slabeaume Written Aug 3, 2003
    Angie enjoying dinner

Yes, we were in Rome and ate at Hard Rock Cafe. But I was really craving beef! Seems like Europeans tend to eat mostly pasta and chicken. That's fine for awhile, but there comes a time when you gotta have beef. So I got the classic hamburger and fries. It was great. My daughter got chicken, seems Europe has turned her against beef.
    This was pretty much like any other Hard Rock Cafe I've been in. The menu is quite varied and good. Another thing I liked was the free refills on sodas---and it came with ice! Most places in Europe just give you a can of soda and a cold glass. I didn't realize I'd miss ice so much!

I don't know if the staff was acting typical the night we were there, but they were quite entertaining to watch! They really seemed to be enjoying their job. Even when they sang Happy Birthdays to people they did so with a lot of gusto. Their upbeat and playful service made the dinner even more special.

The Hard Rock Cafe is about 2 long blocks from the Barberini subway stop (on the Red line, the stop before Spagna where the Spanish Steps are). Barberini is also the stop for the huge internet/Subway Sandwich cafe which is a couple doors from the northern steps leading from the subway station.

Favorite Dish: Soda with ice and free refills! The hamburger was great, too!

• Frisbeeace's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Don't waste your time at HRC

by Frisbeeace Updated May 21, 2003

Hard Rock Cafe Rome

Everytime I visit a Hard Rock Cafe or a Planet Hollywood around the world I end regretting it. This time, it was no exception. After 1 hour 15' of waiting I got the usual tiny table close to the kitchen and toilets before eating the typical expensive and ordinary hamburger. Just skip the place and keep your gastronomic tour as european as possible.

• Hard Rock Cafe: American Food

by Randy121 Written Nov 3, 2004

Hard Rock Cafe Rome.

Well, I had to come here to get my Hard Rock Cafe Pin for my collection.

Didn't eat here.

Favorite Dish: American Burgers.

Instant Answers: Rome