I Sarchiaponi, Rome

via dei serpenti, 113, Roma 06.4883207

Inside the restaurant - upside down ;)
    by jmsgirl
    The Front of the Pizzaria
    by jmsgirl
  • jmsgirl's Profile Photo

I Sarchiaponi: Luxury pizza taste! WAY under 5 Euros!!!

by jmsgirl Written Aug 1, 2010

The Front of the Pizzaria

You will see this title ("Best Pizza in Rome") one hundred times when looking for restaurants in Rome. I just want to say that over the last four years, I have eaten my share of Roman pizza...and none of it is really that tasty. This is the first time since I have come to Rome that I actually ENJOYED Roman pizza! Normally, Roman pizza is very bland, but I Sarchiaponi's pizza carried flavor throughout - flavorful crust, flavorful cheese, etc. Their best pizza's are the "blancas" which means no tomato sauce, just a base of olive oil...SOOO INCREDIBLE. They also have a $5 deal: pizza and a coke, which doesn't sound like a super-huge deal, but wait until you see how much pizza they give you. You can eat your fill and then still have enough for another meal! The owner always seems to be there and he is very kind.

This pizza place is worth the trip and I promise you will keep returning!!!

Favorite Dish: My favorite pizza was the Blanca pizza with Zucchini!!!! It was so good. The crust was brushed with olive oil instead of pizza sauce and covered in tasty cheese and zucchini and yellow squash - that you can TELL is fresh :)

Instant Answers: Rome

Comments

Hotels Near I Sarchiaponi
9 Opinions