La Maremma, Rome

• WheninRome's Profile Photo

La Maremma: La Maremma - Convenient for those at Hotel Fiume

by WheninRome Written Jan 14, 2009

La Maremma pizzeria

For those staying at Hotel Fiume or near Piazza Fiume, this is an extremely convenient and very good pizzeria. It was also open almost every day we were there (including January 1 when we ate there and almost everything else was closed around our hotel). We ate there in the mid-afternoon around 14:00.

Very nice atmosphere with excellent service. We ordered a liter of water, a couple fried rice balls, I a mushroom (funghi) pizza and my wife a vegetarian pizza. This was our last full day in Rome and I had eaten a thin crust pizza almost every day I was in Rome. So this day I decided to be adventurous and mix things up a bit by getting a THICK crust pizza. It was very good, but I think I preferred the thin crusts.

The rice balls were good also, but not quite as tasty as those that melted in our mouths at Cave Canem in Trastevere.

Our meal was 25 Euros and the service was the best we had while in Rome.

Favorite Dish: pizza.

If you are not staying in northwest Rome, I would not make a special trip here for this restaurant, but it is very worthwhile if you are staying nearby and want something cheap, quick and good and open when many of the others are closed.

Instant Answers: Rome

Comments

Hotels Near La Maremma
9 Opinions