La Scala, Rome

by Gili_S

• rita_simoes's Profile Photo

Ristorante La Scala: Eating in Trastevere

by rita_simoes Written Sep 17, 2007

La Scala is a very famous restaurant in Rome, in Trastevere. I found it a little overpriced and touristy, but the food was good!

I had bruschetta with tomato and spaghetti all'arrabbiata (tipical of Rome) and it was quite good, though a little bit too spicy for my taste! But everyone's food was good.

Just as a warning, don't expect big quantities!

• Lornabug's Profile Photo

La Scala: Pretty find in Trastevere

by Lornabug Written Feb 24, 2007

This pretty little restaurant it right in Trastevere, near a kindergarten and a mini-plaza where there is a bit of passersby. The patio drew us in: clean, cozy, inviting. Inside was also nice. The food was very flavorful and delicate but not skimpy. Don't remember exactly what we had, but the artichoke bruchetta was good. It was mashed artichokes, unlike the whole marinated I was going for and saw someone else have, so you'll have to figure out how to get that one. The service spoke good english. Thought I had a map for this one, but don't. You'll have to use the address.

Favorite Dish: Whatever I had, I asked the waiter what he thought the most flavorful was and went with it.

• Museum Visits

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Gelateria La Scala: Best ice cream ever

by Gili_S Written Apr 9, 2006

What can I say, there are no words to describe the quality of ice cream in this place, a home made by the owner, the ice cream I had here was the best one I ever had. No surprise I came back here also late at night to have more.

Instant Answers: Rome