Le Grotte, Rome

by Scarlie
  • Janeeriksson's Profile Photo

Le Grotte: Warning!

by Janeeriksson Updated Dec 4, 2014

I order the lamb. It first look good, but when I start to cut into it, I see that it consists only of skin, bone and fat. I'll also find a kidney ..
    Hate to complain but I still show my plate for the waiter. I declare that this I can not eat. Very angry, he said he will ask the kitchen, leaving me with the lamb still on the table. After that he ignor us completely. My company finish food, no one asking if we want something more. In the end, one of us have to stand up to go and ask for the bill. When the bill comes, my lamb is on it, but we just add money for everything else and explaining it to the waiter. He becomes crazy and we feel that it's probably best to go. On the way out he comes with a fresh portion lamb as he almost throws at me! Have never experienced anything like it. Very uncomfortable.

• Wine Tasting
    • Luxury Travel

• Scarlie's Profile Photo

Le Grotte: Local fare

by Scarlie Updated Jun 22, 2007

We asked at the hotel for a resto where the staff would go it and they recommended
    this place. Small, nice, low-key, with tiny tables and excellent food. It's amazing how much we could eat (three-course meal and sides) and yet not fill stuffed at the end. I'm not a fan of Italian wine but we got a very decent bottle from the Lazio region.

Favorite Dish: Pasta alfredo without cream - ah, delicious!

I had a side of something that looked like kale. I never thought I'd enjoy something so bitter but it went perfectly with my veal (and I didn't think i'd enjoy veal that much either).

Perfect choccy mousse to top it off.

Le Grotte

Instant Answers: Rome

Comments

Hotels Near Le Grotte
4.5 out of 5 stars