L'insalata Ricca, Rome

by Maurizioago
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

L'insalata Ricca: L'insalata Ricca

by ATLC Updated Oct 31, 2007

In between our visit to St. Peter and the Vatican museums, we had lunch here.
    It's part of a chain and offers great value, especially the salads.
    On the website (link below) you can find locations for the various restaurants about town.

Favorite Dish: I chose the Insalate Imperiale (€8,50) with crayfish, mushrooms, mixed salad and a pink sauce. It was delicious and that means a lot, coming from me, because I'm not a big salad fan.
    Of course you can also eat a good pizza and many other dishes.

Ricotta and walnut salad/Insalate Contandina Tuna salad/Insalate Tonno Crayfish salad/Insalate imperiale You can sit outside too.

• goodfish's Profile Photo

L'Insalata Ricca: Salads and more

by goodfish Updated Sep 17, 2012

L'Insalata Ricca is a popular chain of eateries in Rome and before you gasp in horror ("You ate at a CHAIN???") these little trattorias are a far cry from Olive Garden. Insalata Ricca means 'rich salad': there are a bunch of them on the menu and they're rumored to be very large, very fresh and very good. We didn't have one: go figure. Winding up here at the end of a long last day in Rome (2007), we had an appetizer, a secondi apiece, and some lively dinner conversation with a couple of astronomers from the States who, by the way, said they ate here often as it was always good.

If I remember correctly, Jerry had fork-tender Bistecca di manzo: beef in a traditional sweet and sour sauce. I had salmon baked in parchment with vegetables: a little on the fishy side but also good. Both entrees were very reasonably priced, wines were inexpensive and good, and the place was packed with locals and tourists alike. The menu includes salads (of course), pasta, pizza, fish and a few meat dishes. Don't eat anything that moos or clucks? Not to worry; their many meatless offerings make it a good choice for vegetarians. As of this 2012 update, the place is still getting good reviews from travelers for quality and value.

The website lists all locations; we ate outside at the one on Piazza Pasquino, 72, just a little southwest of Piazza Navona.

Favorite Dish: Nothing in particular- we read many recos based on quality of food and reasonable price. I'm not posting a PP price based on ever-changing exchange rates, menu upgrades and total per number of courses ordered.

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo

L' Insalata Ricca.: Salads and much more.

by Maurizioago Updated Feb 13, 2015

This restaurant has three dining rooms where around 150 people can be seated. It has several outside chairs and tables to use if the weather is fine.

Here several kind of salads are served; in large bowls. If you don' t fancy a salad for lunch or dinner you can have pasta, other kinds of first courses and several meat dishes.

L' Insalata Ricca is a chain of restaurants. These are located in several areas of Rome. I went to the one in largo dei Chiavari. I discovered this place by chance. I was looking for my favourite restaurant; Tosca. Unfortunately they closed it down. It was located next door to L' Insalata Ricca.

Favorite Dish: I had paccheri (a kind of noddles) with small tomatoes. I liked them much.

The second time I went there I had spaghetti with vegetables. These where quite good.

• Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Rome

Comments

Hotels Near L'insalata Ricca
5.0 out of 5 stars