Mimi e Coco, Rome

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

MIMI e COCO - Wine Bar: NEIGHBORHOOD VINOTECA

by travelgourmet Updated Oct 29, 2012

Photo courtesy of Andrew at MIMI E COCO

Located near Piazza Pasquino, just around the corner from the more famous Piazza Navona sits Mimi e Coco. Outdoor tables, inside tables, and a wine bar make up this cozy lunch and supper cafe. The ambience is warm and the waitstaff will strike up a conversation at the click of a wine glass.

You get the feel of a residential neighborhood cafe with many local residents sitting down to an espresso or glass of vino. Food offerings are varied but the pizza is pure roman squisito (delicious). The waitstaff are friendly and help with suggestions, if needed. This is a narrow lane street and many locals will walk by which makes it more real than with all the tourists that are cramming the major sites of Rome.

Favorite Dish: I was hooked on Pizza, but the wine choices are good as well. Like a tourist, I craved one of the t-shirts the waitstaff were wearing and yes they do sell them. Yes, I did buy one.I was staying next door at the Navona Suites and it made for a great holiday. I felt like a local the second time I visited Roma. Ciao.

• Seniors
    • Wine Tasting

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

Mimi E Coco: Mimi E Coco

by mindcrime Written Mar 20, 2011

Mimi E Coco

Mimi E Coco is a cozy cute place, actually a vinoteca (with full wine list).

They have nice atmosphere with small candles and pop/lofi music, ideal for couples.

The pizza parma (9.50e) was nice with thick bread (the typical pizza in rome is the thin one).
    The spaghetti alla carbonara (9e) was a disappointment but the huge Pasquino salad(8e) was very fresh and tasty and brought us more smile in our faces :) They have several salads all with funny names (savelli, governo vecchio, tormillina, de cupis, giulia etc)

We washed them down with coca cola (4e), beer and a glass of wine.

Although the place was really busy the service was very friendly and quick. The only problem was the small tables, we didn’t have space for all the plates and we like to have main and salad at the same time but this is not really a problem, isn’t it? :)

It’s slightly more expensive than others but I think it’s normal for a place near piazza Navona. They charge 2euros for the bread that we wanted anyway so we didn’t care.

Instant Answers: Rome

Comments

Hotels Near Mimi e Coco
4.5 out of 5 stars