Pastarito Pizzarito, Rome

3.5 out of 5 stars 6 Reviews

• Pastarit0 opposite San Giovanni in Laterano
    Pastarit0 opposite San Giovanni in...
  • Pastarit0 opposite San Giovanni in Laterano
    Pastarit0 opposite San Giovanni in...
    Clam sauce pasta
  • Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo

Pizzarito Pastarito: Pasta & Pizza at fair prices!

by Laura_Mexico Updated Sep 28, 2011

This is a tip that a good friend passed on to me. Back then I searched for this place on the net and easily found several references about it. I had not attended this restaurant personally but I trusted in the info she gave me, as she has traveled a lot and has a travelling style very similar to mine.

However, in 2007 I walked by one of these restaurants and decided to go in to try it on my own. My friend went to the one located close to the Vittoriano monument, on its left side if you look at it face to face (Via IV Novembre). The one I visited was only 2 blocks away from Termini station, on Via Gioberti. Other locations for this restaurant as per their website: Via Cola di Rienzo; Via Cassia; Via Tiburtina, 616; Via Tuscolana, 226..... and many more!!! On my last trip I saw one right in front of the St. Giovanni in Laterano church/cathedral.

This restaurant might not be the typical cozy Italian restaurant with plaid tablecloths that tourists might like best, but they have a very good variety of dishes and the prices aren't too high.... I had a HUGE dish of pasta (freshly made) and a big size soda for 13 EUR, but you may eat something smaller and pay less. Service was a bit slow but food quality was good and I would recommend it.

Favorite Dish: Tagliatelle (fresh home made) with a creamy sauce with cheese, sausage and peas.... really good.

• rita_simoes's Profile Photo

Pastarito: Pasta

by rita_simoes Updated Apr 4, 2011

Salmone e Pesto

There are several Pastarito in Rome.

I went there two times and both times it was great!

We always ordered one menu where you could choose 2 different sauces for the same kind of pasta. They have a great and delicious variety of pastas and sauces!

I tried: pesto, pomodoro e ricotta, ragú, burro e salvia, salmone, gorgonzola e noci, and my favourite of all, vodka! Everything was always delicious and in big quantities.

• Paisleypaul's Profile Photo

Pastarit0: Pasta and pizza chain Rome and beyond

by Paisleypaul Updated Jan 30, 2011

Pastarit0 opposite San Giovanni in Laterano

An inexpensive place to eat, although this is achain there is full table service so don't think fast food. Several locations throughout Rome and farther afield, they are convenient to many of the attractions like on Via IV Novembre near the National Monument and the one I have based the tip on is opposite the Pope's Bishopric seat at San Giovanii in Laterano.
    Mainly Pasta (about 20 shapes and at least twice as many sauces) and pizza but salads sweets and other items including childrens menu.
    Great spot for lunch - we like our dinners to be longer affairs - and this chain is as authentic a part of Roman life in the 21st century for the busier, often younger set as are the tradional trattorie.

Favorite Dish: Vongole veraci al prezzemolo e peperoncino - spiral pasta in parsley & chilli clam sauce

• bergstenarn's Profile Photo

PastaritO: Bad service at this restaurant

by bergstenarn Written Aug 2, 2009

We had to wait very long for our food. Finally all but me got their plates. I waited quite long before reminding the waiter in the belief that my plate would soon come. After my gentle reminder I once again waited quite long without getting my food. I reminded the waiter a second time and finally I got my plate. But by then the rest of the family had already finished. The food was below expectations as many times before in Italy. I was not compensated for the long wait and we decided never to go back to this restaurant.

• jungles's Profile Photo

Pastarito Pizzarito: Even the chain restaurants in Italy are good!

by jungles Updated Jun 16, 2006

Typical Pastario interior

Ok, so it doesn't have a cute Mom and Pop atmosphere and the fluorescent lights are a little too bright, but I have to confess this is one of my favourite places to eat in Rome. The food is really good, the portions are huge, and you get to mix and match your pastas and sauces to make whatever combination you want. If you're looking for a spot for a romantic dinner this is probably not the place, but if you want no-nonsense, authentic Italian food at a very reasonable price, then give it a try. If you're not super-hungry then you might consider sharing one pasta dish between two people; they're really quite large.

Favorite Dish: Some of my favourite combos are:
    Orecchiette (little ear-shaped pasta) with pesto and tomato
    Spinach-ricotta-filled panzerotti with basil and tomato sauce
    Farfalle (bow-tie pasta) with puttanesca sauce

• vysnaite's Profile Photo

Pastarito Pizzarito: Would highly recommend because...

by vysnaite Updated Feb 9, 2003

Would highly recommend because of tasty to the last bit food, wonderful service, great atmosphere- a rare blend these days! Pastarito and Pizzarito.

Favorite Dish: Great pasta, wonderful tiramisu, pizza also very good and most important very pleasant atmosphere and service ;)

Instant Answers: Rome