Pizzarium, Rome

by JoelArias
  • moviegal226's Profile Photo

Pizzarium: Foodie Friendly Puffy Pizza

by moviegal226 Written Apr 13, 2015

I read about Pizzarium on a Rome foodie app so I ventured out on a trek to find it. This place is on the outskirts of the tourist section of Rome so if you are fearful or don't have a sense of adventure, this place isn't for you. The surrounding neighborhood appeared to be a bit sketchy at night, just FYI. There's a subway station close by so you can hitch a ride back to town. I am an adventurer at heart and I love exploring the "real" neighborhoods of Rome. Pizzarium is hard to find but easy to love!

We arrived close to closing time and there were only 4 pizzas on offer. Of course I tried all four. This place works just like other pizza by the slice joints in town -- tell the people behind the counter what you want and how many grams you want. They slice off a portion with a big cleaver, weigh it, you pay and eat. There's nowhere to sit here but there are a few small benches out front. We sat next to a lovely local elderly gentleman and enjoyed our pizza together (while my husband practiced his Italian).

The pizza was pretty darn good and is very different from the standard thin crust pizza you get in Italy. The crust was a little puffy, light and doughy. The ingredients were, as to be expected, of the highest quality. We tried a roasted red pepper pizza, white zucchini pizza, white potato pizza and a classic roasted tomato slice. All were quite good. Note that there's not a set menu here, you eat whatever the chef decides to cook up that day.

• JoelArias's Profile Photo

Pizzarium: Pizzarium, the best pizza to go in Rome!

by JoelArias Updated Sep 22, 2008

This is possibly the best "Pizza to go" in all of Rome. The facade looks like any other place around Rome, but looks are definitely deicing when it comes to Pizzarium. I was told that the flour and olive oil used at “Pizzarium” are specifically brought from outside Rome for their kitchen. Also, the cheese tastes extremely fresh.

Favorite Dish: All the pizzas are great and the Foccacia are a must to try.

• Study Abroad

Instant Answers: Rome

Comments

Hotels Near Pizzarium
5.0 out of 5 stars